Anyone excited for the Droid 2 Global?

r314bd

Reaction score
Finally an Android world phone on VZW...no more being stuck with Blackberry/WM 6.5.

Do want.

dast

Reaction score
I second that. Just got a D2 then heard about the D2 global. Bad timing.

wildride89

Reaction score
Will the global version be the replacement for tthe droid 2 since it seems they are quick in trying to shift the d2 out of the way??

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Well, I rarely leave state, much less the country, so to me it doesn't matter much. But I'm tired of seeing the Blackberry being hailed as the premier business phone when it isn't nearly as useful as the Droid OS. So yeah, I'd glad to see it, and although it doesn't matter to me, it MIGHT down the road after I get a degree, lol.

kechamb

Reaction score
Never leave the country so no need to have it for me. From what I understand it is basically the same phone as d2 so I do not see why it would be a replacement, but then again I am not Verizon.

wmnomore

Reaction score
I've seen reports (walmart) of reducing/holding inventory of D2's. Not sure if this means they will only carry the D2WE and not the D2 though.

It would make sense for them to just carry one. As long as it doesn't cost more.
I was excited about the 1.2ghz jump, then i heard about the D2 overclock and it isn't a big deal now.

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Droid 2 Global?

Finally an Android world phone on VZW...no more being stuck with Blackberry/WM 6.5.

Do want.

Does anyone know when the Droid Global might come out? I just got my Droid 2, but it would be very helpful for me to have a phone which works in Europe. Should I return it and wait?

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Droid Global might come out? I just got my Droid 2, but it would be very helpful for me to have a phone which works in Europe. Should I return it and wait?
I would definitely return your D2 and wait. The tech sites are reporting a November 11 release

Reaction score
I'm jealous of the D2 Global. Only for the fact that I could have gotten more for the money I paid if I had just waited 2 more months.

matt192004

Reaction score
i ordered the droid 2 the day it went on sale as a preorder so i THINK IF they discontinue this phone then they should allow the ones of us who want to to upgrade to the droid 2 world edition at the contract price. I am kind of sad that the dorid 2 glboal is gone have a faster processor have read about over clocking on this one but have no clue how to even go about doing that.

matt192004

Reaction score
i ordered the droid 2 the day it went on sale as a preorder so i THINK IF they discontinue this phone then they should allow the ones of us who want to to upgrade to the droid 2 world edition at the contract price. I am kind of sad that the dorid 2 glboal is gone have a faster processor have read about over clocking on this one but have no clue how to even go about doing that.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You can think that all you want but that's not going to happen. You've had your phone for a few months now, you'll have to wait just like everybody else.

I never leave the Country. Heck I hardly leave the house so I definitely don't need a world phone.

kylosma

Reaction score
I bought my D2 two months ago. And it's a bit disappointing since i'm an international student studying in the US and a global d2 would be perfect for me.