Anyone excited for the Droid 2 Global?

deborah3756

Reaction score
I agree w/Hookbill. I have no use for D2 Global my world traveling is done.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

matt192004

Reaction score
well i mean i hope they dont discontinue the droid 2 there is no reason for them to also does anyone know how to overclock because im thinking the droid 2 can be upped to match the speed of the global droid and maybe even better than that

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Thanks... Returned D2 - waiting for Droid 2 Global

Does anyone know when the Droid Global might come out? I just got my Droid 2, but it would be very helpful for me to have a phone which works in Europe. Should I return it and wait?
I would definitely return your D2 and wait. The tech sites are reporting a November 11 release

Thanks! I've read the same information, so I returned the Droid 2 and am waiting for the Droid 2 Global to arrive. The sales people at the Verizon store were very helpful and accomodating. I had to pay the $35 restocking fee, but they had told me about that when I purchased the D2, so it was not a surprise.

They also removed my $29.99 data plan, got my old phone back up and running, and reset my "New every two (Year)." plan, so I can get a discount when I purchase the D2 Global.

I'll miss my Droid till I get the Global, but it will be worth it.

matt192004

Reaction score
well the only thing that the dorid 2 global edition iwll have that the orginal droid 2 does not have is a faster processor and if you know how to over clock which i do not know how to do then acutally you could make the orginal droid 2 be faster than the droid 2 global will be and probably better than the global edition

Smokeyham

Reaction score
well the only thing that the dorid 2 global edition iwll have that the orginal droid 2 does not have is a faster processor and if you know how to over clock which i do not know how to do then acutally you could make the orginal droid 2 be faster than the droid 2 global will be and probably better than the global edition

Not sure about the difference in processing speed, but the Global will have the ability to operate in Europe, which the current Droid 2 does not.

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I'm probably going to get it & can't wait! The best part is it is supposed to be released November 11th which is when my contract is up! This willl be my first Droid I'm so excited!

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
An ad for the D2 Global is in the December issue of Men's Fitness:

thumb_550_droid-2-global-magazine.png

VZW just announce this thing already!!!

Reaction score
I'm probably going to get it & can't wait! The best part is it is supposed to be released November 11th which is when my contract is up! This willl be my first Droid I'm so excited!

lol, my mom has the blackberry curve. the phone looks ancient compared to my droid 2. you won't be disappointed with yours.