anybody know when verizon galaxy nexus is getting the official jelly bean update

Capone76

Reaction score
I'm still lovin my nexus. Running JBSourcery ROM. Haven't had a chance to talk to anyone that went from nexus to S3 so thought I'd ask.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Just got mine at lunch today. Tried it many, many times first and finally popped up. Battery weirdness so far, but hopefully that goes away.

(Battery was at 40% when I got the update notification, so I plugged in my phone and did the update. When it was done phone said it had 47%; took the phone off the charger to head to work and re-booted it. On re-boot it said I had 100% battery. Re-booted again and said I had 4%. When I got back to work I had 8% battery. I plugged in the phone to give it a full charge and will see what happens next).

jscat445

Reaction score
Hello here's a question I hope someone can answer. I am rooted and unlocked iv been running Aokp (ics) but recently switched back to the stock Rom. I received the JB OTA today. Upon installation it brought me to Cmw recovery where I saw the installation had been aborted. Is this because I am rooted?? Or?? Now I am still on 4.0.4 still rooted and unlocked and when I check it says my system is up to date. Thanx for any help DancingNexus

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still lovin my nexus. Running JBSourcery ROM. Haven't had a chance to talk to anyone that went from nexus to S3 so thought I'd ask.
The only reason I got S3 was I had issues with calls being dropped.When you're on the phone with tech support and your phone keeps dropping calls,then it's time for another one,or different phone.She chose to go the other phone route.I said cool with me,that's my story.TouchWiz is not all that bad,it's got some nice features.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Hello here's a question I hope someone can answer. I am rooted and unlocked iv been running Aokp (ics) but recently switched back to the stock Rom. I received the JB OTA today. Upon installation it brought me to Cmw recovery where I saw the installation had been aborted. Is this because I am rooted?? Or?? Now I am still on 4.0.4 still rooted and unlocked and when I check it says my system is up to date. Thanx for any help DancingNexus

You need the stock recovery for the update. If I were you, I would just go flash the JB version of AOKP. Done and done!

jscat445

Reaction score
OK thanx for the response

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

WookieClaws

Reaction score
WookieClaws said:
Just got mine at lunch today. Tried it many, many times first and finally popped up. Battery weirdness so far, but hopefully that goes away.

(Battery was at 40% when I got the update notification, so I plugged in my phone and did the update. When it was done phone said it had 47%; took the phone off the charger to head to work and re-booted it. On re-boot it said I had 100% battery. Re-booted again and said I had 4%. When I got back to work I had 8% battery. I plugged in the phone to give it a full charge and will see what happens next).

Ok, been running the same battery as yesterday and though it seems like the meter goes down faster I'm still getting about 2 hours of screen on time (which I was getting before. So far I'm loving the update!