it's starting to get funny

wolfman4u

Reaction score
dezymond said:
Verizon, fixing one problem at a time.
Which they should have been doing since day 1. Several a week at first would have really helped this become a flagship phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Verizon screwed up their chances with this phone since the beginning. It took forever for the first update (the one at launch doesn't count) and it hasn't gotten any better since. Leave your faith in Verizon to the dev community, they haven't let me down one bit.

thesandman00

Reaction score
Though it's not JB, it is reassuring that they're working on updating/improving the phone's signal. End of the day, I'd almost rather have that anyways since JB is so easily attainable via the amazing Dev community.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha. I feel terrible for the people who are waiting on a JB OTA. This is embarrassing for Verizon. No chance another Nexus ends up on VZ.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Though it's not JB, it is reassuring that they're working on updating/improving the phone's signal. End of the day, I'd almost rather have that anyways since JB is so easily attainable via the amazing Dev community.
It's pretty easy to flash those new radios too, I'm guessing that's the update they're sending out anyway.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to flash those new radios too, I'm guessing that's the update they're sending out anyway.

I honestly need a laugh. I hope it's IMM76Q. No radio fixes, just the nuked google search.

MonKENy

Reaction score
Ill bet you 10 bucks it does end up on verizon. Here as everyone on the forums to witness. I will send you $10 if verizon doesnt pick up a Nexus 2 but you owe me $10 if it does. Deal?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ill bet you 10 bucks it does end up on verizon. Here as everyone on the forums to witness. I will send you $10 if verizon doesnt pick up a Nexus 2 but you owe me $10 if it does. Deal?

Why would they?

1. Didn't sell well
2. All the problems they had with this one
3. Pissing off Jean-Baptiste with this upgrade nonsense enough that he called out Verizon as "ridiculous".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Didn't they send that out about a week or so after Apple sued them?

I don't think they did a mass update, since all it did was gimp functionality. The update really is only required to sell new devices, so theoretically the only ones with that update would be the ones coming out of stores. It would cause confusion and anger with some, there would really be no benefit to releasing it to the masses.

There were some unlucky folks that did receive it though.

Of course I could be wrong, as I have no clue what goes on behind Verizon's doors. I really wouldn't be surprised if they were still testing it. Which if true, would probably be one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmm thought that update went out as an OTA. Well for the sake of stock users I hope it's not just that, boy the amount of threads we'd see if it were just that :D