when will verizon galaxy nexus get official update to android 4.1.1 jelly bean

phaattboy98

Reaction score
I'm sick of Verizon getting everything late now the nexus s getting android jelly bean what's going on with verizon

Riley

Reaction score
Google doesn't officially support CDMA binaries so VZW has to test new builds that function well with CDMA technology. They take their sweet time probably because of all the devices that VZW carries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ntrddragn

Reaction score
wont be for awhile. vzw 'testing' takes up to a decade. LOL they want US to have the best experience, so they will not give US anything we want. :icon_eek: They have determined they know better then the consumers.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
vzw will release it when they feel that they're done testing. When that time comes is up in the air. Keep a look out at the news section, you'd see it there first or another thread in this section regarding the update.

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
Their testing is probably giving the update to 1 employee to see how it runs. I mean it sucks that it takes a while but an article I read did make sense. Over time devices get old and they take away resources for those devices and out them on new projects. Our nexus is not the new device anymore so focus has shifted to other phones. Then at the end of the article it stated if you want the update so badly flash it haha

Its simpler than it seems and this is because the dev community is AMAZING.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
What the heck,Im feeling lucky-I say,between Aug 25-Sep 25,2012

You are quite generous. LOL. I'd bet we don't even see it before winter, given Verizon's constant shift on what device they're focusing. By fall, their Galaxy Nexus offering will be a thing of their past and I'd bet Apple's lawsuit against the Nexus won't be helping.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are quite generous. LOL. I'd bet we don't even see it before winter, given Verizon's constant shift on what device they're focusing. By fall, their Galaxy Nexus offering will be a thing of their past and I'd bet Apple's lawsuit against the Nexus won't be helping.
Unlike you,I have inside info,VZW reps.If your nice,Ill give you their 1-866 phn#. :D

OP
P

phaattboy98

Reaction score
What inside scoop you have about verizon or should I say from Verizon about the galaxy nexus

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
None wait for android police,android central,phandroid,droidforums or other site to bring the news. I don't trust cnet and engadget they make up lie sometime to make android developers or manufacture look bad. Just for money and false advertisement on news.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Jelly Bean would be nice, but I'm enjoying the improvements from 4.0.4 as things are working well. We got 4.0.4 a couple months after the Nexus S and GSM variants of the GNex got it; so I'm guessing it will be the same time frame.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Once you go jb you'll never go back!! I'm with the others, just flash some of the jb roms floating around. This is why i went with a nexus vs the razr. The beauty of the nexus is that we get things first. There are still phones that are waiting for ics. Hell the nexus s is getting the ota for jb

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jelly Bean would be nice, but I'm enjoying the improvements from 4.0.4 as things are working well. We got 4.0.4 a couple months after the Nexus S and GSM variants of the GNex got it; so I'm guessing it will be the same time frame.
Im thinking and betting we'll get JB faster then we got ICS.