Any way to mute the camera sounds?

Phat B

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to kill the camera shutter and auto focus beeps sounds that this phone makes. If I put the phone on silent it kills the shutter sound, but the auto focus beeps remain. Plus, if I see a sweet mullet walking away I don't always have time to put the phone on silent. Those 3 seconds could be the difference between getting the picture and having to rely on my memory when I want to relive the moment I saw that sweet mullet. I found the files on the phone using root explorer in the media folder, but when I try to delete them it says the files are read only. Has anyone been able to do this? Is there some type of workaround? I really want to start taking pictures of funny looking people in Wal Mart again.

Reaction score
There are apps that do this. Or you can root, and use a root explorer app to find the camera shutter sound file (I believe it's shuttersnap.ogg or something similar, definitely .ogg) and delete it.

EOK1335

Reaction score
there is a button right on the top of ur file list in root explorer that can switch from read only mode to read&write mode.
still dunno how to shut off the focus beep....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's keep the childish comments off the Forum Please...