Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

Shelly79

Reaction score
I ended up breaking my droid RZR. and waiting for the Droid 5 took way too long. I ended up switching carriers.. The only way I will come back to Verizon is if the Droid 5 or another nicer top of the line and specs slider comes out comes out. until then im going for a cheaper service. Im still hoping and I will be checking often for any news of nice sliders.. I didnt want to purchase the LG enact since it didnt like a upgrade.

Shelly79

Reaction score
Just another article about the Droid 5... still a rumor for now.

Verizon Motorola DROID 5: My Ears Are Burning | sidhtech

Is anyone still hoping? February maybe???

But now im starting to like the new service I have now. I can use my cell phone as a wifi hotspot and I could never do this with Verizon. and my monthly service is waay cheaper. so Im still debating if I would go back to verizon. the problem is my new service has no qwerty phones :( what to do???

Last edited:

rongotti

Reaction score
So, I finally broke down and got a Samsung Note 3. My droid 4 had been very sluggish and had poor battery performance lately. I decided on the note 3 because of its large on screen keyboard figuring this would be the easiest transitions for me to make. The Florida Director of Retail Operations for Verizon getting me one for free saving me $700 made it to good to turn down. So far so good I love with this phone I would strongly encourage any of you that were struggling like I was to take to leave and go with the Samsung Note 3

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shanook

Reaction score
i have no idea how much life my droid 4 has left. it's sluggish also. the touch screen only half works. the microphone is broken, so i can't use it as a phone unless it's on speaker.

i refuse to upgrade through verizon because im still grandfathered in for unlimited data, so i don't want to lose that. i also don't want to buy a new phone because i can't do an all touchscreen phone.

i feel like i will have to be going over to something else soon though.

i've never dropped this phone. it looks almost new. so this has all happened from normal wear and tear on the components. this is pretty depressing that we've been completely neglected like this =(

rongotti

Reaction score
i have no idea how much life my droid 4 has left. it's sluggish also. the touch screen only half works. the microphone is broken, so i can't use it as a phone unless it's on speaker.

i refuse to upgrade through verizon because im still grandfathered in for unlimited data, so i don't want to lose that. i also don't want to buy a new phone because i can't do an all touchscreen phone.

i've never dropped this phone. it looks almost new. so this has all happened from normal wear and tear on the components. this is pretty depressing that we've been completely neglected like this =(

I agree Shanook, when Google bought Motorola I was very excited for the possibilities, but I think they were the death of the droid 5. I am typing this with two thumbs on my note 3 just like I would on my droid 4. I think if you tried it you would like it, and this phone is wayyyyyyyyyyy more technologically advanced. The features and screen resolution are nothing short of amazing!

davidgro

Reaction score

Like what? (Serious question)

Personally it seems to me like the only significant source of hope is Project Ara. If there was going to be a Droid 5 then there should have been more leaks or an announcement since August of last year.

shanook

Reaction score
Like what? (Serious question)

Personally it seems to me like the only significant source of hope is Project Ara. If there was going to be a Droid 5 then there should have been more leaks or an announcement since August of last year.

I'm actually going to go pick up another droid 4 today.... kinda sad that I can get one for less than $100. So I'm going to get that one, and use this one as a back up for parts or whatever.

If I can go another year on this, I'll be happy. If there is no other option in another year then I'll have to look into some sort of other option.

In all seriousness, I've been thinking of just carrying a tablet with me, and getting a keyboard with that, and bluetooth mic or headset to talk on the phone. The way phone sizes are going, I won't be able to fit a note 2 or 3 in my pocket, so might as well carry something I'll actually enjoy using.

MoonScar119

Reaction score
I agree Shanook, when Google bought Motorola I was very excited for the possibilities, but I think they were the death of the droid 5. I am typing this with two thumbs on my note 3 just like I would on my droid 4. I think if you tried it you would like it, and this phone is wayyyyyyyyyyy more technologically advanced. The features and screen resolution are nothing short of amazing!

I heard that lenovo bought out the droid from google, because google will not be creating devices any more, only retaining patents. I just got my S5 yesterday. From the looks of the droid5 sepcs, it appeared to be worse than the s4 let alone the s5 i just got.

Sorry guys, but the droid line is dead. It was only around by verizone to compete with at&t's iphones.... but since verizon got iphones they no longer care about the droid line

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I also gave up waiting. I got the S5 too. And went to T-Mobile for the unlimited. Swipe isn't bad and since my D4 keyboard went bad after the ICS update, I'd been using swipe anyway.

Just a note, I put my D4 on the S5 to compare the size and because of the hardware of the D4 it's almost as wide as the S5. But much shorter. So going to the S5 isn't hard. Plus this is lighter and thinner (of course), and it's pretty nice.

MoonScar119

Reaction score
I believe it's actually VZW which owns rights to the Droid name (licensed from George Lucas).

that's not what i meant. Lenovo bought motorola from google. Don't anticipate any more phones from google or anything good from lenovo. Droid is just a branding name, nothing more

Once Verizon aquired iphones, they stopped pushing motorola to make more droids. Droids were created to compete with iphones.

RaceRev

Reaction score
I am sorry and sad to announce that I needed a new phone and went with the Nokia icon, which is a great camera, OK phone, and Windows is something I have been using for many years - and it works, HOWEVER I MISS my keyboard. Someone up there in marketing cloud missed the boat.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Yes on droid push . No the droid still 2013 was Verizon bread and butter. They heavily push droid RAZR HD 2012 and droid DNA .

Last year Motorola "dual core" 1.7 GHz snapdragon s4 pro was the main reason they didn't push moto devices. Lucasart droid name in commercial as Hard as based on users,bad feedback on forums,call back from Verizon and the media itself.

Based on the specs on moto x±1; it will probably be the droid season this fall. Commercial , push as always it only behind snapdragon 800 to 801. Which in speed it 2.5 GHz quad core compare to 2.26 GHz quad core or near 2.3 GHz .

Look at HTC they under clock last year m7 from 1.9 GHz quad core to 1.7 GHz for battery issue and solve some battery draining. Same with m8 under clock 2.3 GHz from 2.5 GHz .

Look at s5 same chip but 2.5 GHz quad core and probably battery issue .

Sony follow HTC with the under clocking on their z2 . This year on snapdragon 801.

Based on specs CPU will be similar to moto x+1 just GPU slightly better.

that's not what i meant. Lenovo bought motorola from google. Don't anticipate any more phones from google or anything good from lenovo. Droid is just a branding name, nothing more

Once Verizon aquired iphones, they stopped pushing motorola to make more droids. Droids were created to compete with iphones.

Last edited: