Droid 4 sd card issues

shaislet

Reaction score
I am thinking od upgrading to d4 but was told by the verizon rep that they are experiencing issues saving to the sd card and recommends I wait or wait for the d5.

Is this a real issue? It surprises me I don't see anything in the forums on this and would expect if it was an issue that it would be a pretty popular posting.

Any idea when D5 is expected to release? I've been happy with my 2 and am ok to chill if the 5 is coming and expect any issues will have been resolved

steve

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I have the d4 and have been all over every major d4 forum on the internet and have never seen any one post about sd card issues.
If there is a d5 in the works this would be the first i have heard of it.
The d4 is an excellent phone. It is basically a razr with a keyboard. The only real difference is the screen and screen size. Coming from a d2 you will most likely find both to be an improvement.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

droidbound

Reaction score
I have the d4 and have been all over every major d4 forum on the internet and have never seen any one post about sd card issues. <br>
If there is a d5 in the works this would be the first i have heard of it. <br>
The d4 is an excellent phone. It is basically a razr with a keyboard. The only real difference is the screen and screen size. Coming from a d2 you will most likely find both to be an improvement.

I second that. The VZW rep doesn't know what he is talking about!

bofis

Reaction score
Hi, I have my 32gig microSD card that I bought for my Droid2 in my Droid4, and it works fine. The only real funny issue is that the Droid4 is already partitioned with a /sd_card directory, which the phone mounts over USB even. So when you use a REAL SD card, it shows up in /sd_card-ext So some apps might have issues with this and you'll find that sometimes downloaded files go onto /sd_card and not onto your REAL SD card.

On that note, I still have yet to find WHERE MY PICTURES ARE SAVED. Any pictures I take with the Droid4 camera get uploaded to Google+ so I haven't minded as much, but I cannot find them browsing around in ES File Explorer. Otherwise I'm really happy with the Droid4 and will just be putting CM9 on there someday. My wife loves my Droid2 with CM7 so everyone wins.

bosfordjd

Reaction score
The verizon rep is not crazy. I've had problems with mine for sometime now. Personally I'd never recommend the droid 4, the camera is awful, and so is the display. My mistake for not playing with it in store, but I wanted the physical qwerty and it was the only option from verizon at the time. I've tried a number of different micro sd cards and have had issues with videos not actually saving correctly/being corrupt. Not exactly sure what the issue is, the cards I've used are class 4, so it maybe i need to move to a class 10 for the HD video. Though it's hit or miss as to whether the video is saved and playable, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. But when I'm recording my 16mos old son and I later go to check the video and it's not playable nothing pisses me off more than knowing I didn't capture that memory I was trying too. My T-mobile G2 was a far better phone in everyway except for the keyboard.

I don't have any problem getting to the proper directory to find the files. the only confusing part is the internal memory volume is also labled as an sd card. When you attach it to a PC you end up with two drives one volume labeled "MOT" for the internal, and just a removable volume for the external card.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Moto for whatever reason since the bionic made a distinction between sd_card (inner memory)and sd_card-ext (sdcard). As well as partitioning memory for media.
The setup is a bit confusing the first time you look at it. I personally have never had any issues with pictures or videos corrupting.
Any pics or videos you take will be located on sd_card under dcim.
I was not trying to discredit the verizon rep, this is the first i have heard of this issue.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I would say the videos corrupting are from using a slower class card in a fast phone. The card can't keep up with the phone and you end up with a corrupt video.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.