Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Erikbal, Jun 7, 2013.

1. add119

add119 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Current Phone Model:
    To many look at my signature.
    My bad the damn phone I meant photon q. I don't think Motorola care for keyboard anymore. Unless we can speak to woodside ourselves.

Their worrying more about moto x and now a new Motorola tablet.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

2. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well fellas. Looks like I'm making the jump. It's between the Droid Maxx or the Moto X for me. I've been using my D4 exclusively with the touch screen to see if I can deal. It's definitely not as nice as the KB but it's not horrible. And going from the D4 screen to my wife's razr M was better still.

It's kind of liberating in a way. You don't feel like you're on an arctic outpost and you've just heard they're not going to get food anymore until the spring. Maybe a bit dramatic but it sure seems like the physical KB users are on an island while everyone else is partying at the pool.

My question is which one? I was pretty sure I was going Moto X but then started thinking Droid Maxx and that's where I'm leaning now. The hardware is super nice and the google influence on the software is a major step in the right direction - very transparent iteration of android and the touchless stuff is pretty slick indeed, if not a little too Siri-ish.

What would ya'll do if you ever were to make the jump?

3. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +31
    idk id get a gs4 or lg g2... i think quad core cpus are the way to go. the thing i like about the gs4 is the removable battery and the ability to use a sdcard.

4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Moto X. I'd prefer the closer to stock Android it offers over the what's done to the Droid's.....both offer the same resolution screens but different sizes so the Moto X should appear slightly sharper. Extra battery life the Droid Maxx offers isn't enough to sway me.

5. add119

add119 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto x but I still love 4.3 inches on phone better. So maybe next year I get droid mini or droid w.e that it their small line. Like I did with droid RAZR.

6. mikekhelxD

mikekhelxD Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    If i'm going to skip D5, I need a phablet for my fingers and on landscape mode. Lol.

7. RaceRev

RaceRev New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My D4 is having issues, if they don't introduce the D5 soon I will revert back to a simple flip phone. Motorola has a bad case of cranial anal inversion, by not responding to the multi-request of people for a top of the line, great processor, good camera, fast OS, with a slider keyboard. HELLO out there. We want a D5. Get you head out.

8. Carol_in_FL

Carol_in_FL Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everybody, I just wanted to share this post I found on phonearena.com under "Is this the Motorola Droid 5?". It kind of gives a new perspective to all those new features that are coming out on the new phones and makes me feel better about buying a new battery for my D3 (so I can hopefully wait out the new D5 with specs like the Droid Maxx). -- 48. Simprocity 26 Aug 2013, 21:39 posted on 0 Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Aug 2013

Unfortunately, some of you have some sort of addiction or affliction to the latest gadget someone tells you is cool. However cool the gadget is, it doesn't make you cool! Some of you feel that if you don't have the latest fad device, you'll be left in some Purgatory of loneliness until your contract dictates you can leave and go to fad Heaven.

Others have a purpose for the phones they choose that diverts from the latest and greatest fad. It's called functionality.

In my case I chose a DROID 4 a couple years ago because of the keyboard and other important features. For example:

Usable screen real estate. Your Samsung GS4 may have a larger screen, but the on screen keyboard consumes a substantial amount. When performing remote control functions, the pop up on screen keyboard is annoying. If you are drafting business text and emails, you definately don't want to use an on screen keyboard or swype unless you want embarrasing unprofessional results.

Reception: I personally have had the opportunity to try many many makes and models of phones. Motorola reception is always best in bad areas. Nokia in my experience is second. Casio seems to do pretty well. The Samsung models are always bad. The GS3 is awful and the GS4 is improved, but not as good as those I have mentioned. iPhones, well, sorry Apple.

Voice quality: All Samsung GS have terrible voice quality. The GS4, again, is better than the 3, but not great. Speakerphones always seem to be best on PTT phones. Motorola makes PTT phones and always has good voice quality and speakerphones.

Build quality: Motorola makes tough phones. I have seen more broken Samsung GS3/4s. Can anyone say cheap plastic? Come on Samsung!

Battery life: Motorola has great battery life when comparing to other phones released in the same time period. After all, what good is a wireless phone that is dead or tethered to a charger.

If you want to get work done, try a DROID with a keyboard. If you have time in your life to NFC playlists, you probably could use a job, some exercise or could help someone by donating time to the charity of your choice. If you are worried you might miss out on a feature you won't use, get the loaded GS4 (and be sure to buy a protective case or insurance). If you are/were a C or lower student, save yourself all the Android complexity (power) and buy an iPhone.

9. add119

add119 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Current Phone Model:
    Funny on the last part.
    C for average Joe like iPhone users.

10. shanook

shanook Member

Ratings:
    +3
    That's weird. You must go to some strange parties. My droid 4 gets a lot of attention and it's always hands on. I've converted a lot of iphone users to the android world. And I usually tell them to get a galaxy s4 because the droid 4 is already 2 years old. But for a 2 year old phone, this thing is still top of the line. I feel like it still out performs the iphone 5. Unless my friends phones suck.

But I'm definitely not on my own island. You need to get out more bro.

11. jmagi

jmagi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    d4 is rare and definitely has everyone asking 'what kind of phone is that' when they see it. i myself converted quite a few iphone users. pretty much the entire company i work for lol.

as far as alternatives, im down to just get some more d4s and store them for when this one starts going. if i ever have to change fones ill most definitely go with something that i can use the bluetooth keyboard cases with. meantime im monitoring china. hoping to see some qwerty sliders coming out of china, which id be very.. very interested in.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

12. RaceRev

RaceRev New Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page

droid 5

droid 5 release date
droid 5 rumors
droid5
motorola droid 5
motorola droid 5 release date