Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
HERESY!!! ... Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to be forced into getting a touch screen only phone if we want anything with decent specs from here on out.

IIn that case I will keep my two phones forever. I hate touch screens. Its back to the middle age before typewritters and so.

Sent from my Droid 3.using Tapatalk 2

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
Using the finger to point is the first way human had.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
im not trying to say it just to rub it in your faces.....im just trying to open your eyes to say its not that bad and get you to open your minds....i had the same mindset as you 2 weeks ago, then asurion offered me the maxx instead since the droid 4 is no longer in production, and seeing as that was my option, and its a newer phone, i accepted. it is pleasant to type with.

Man, I tried. Eversince my screen doesn't light up when I open my keyboard, i've been typing with touchscreen a lot lately. I rather type without seeing what i'm typing though. Lol. I can see myself without a slider, but the fone has to be quite big since I have fat fingers. Using the screen for typing makes me go crazy everytime.

tortoracer

Reaction score
dont wanna drag it off topic, but the d4 is thick, and fits in my pocket the same way a thin phone that has a bigger screen does. so a big phone isnt a problem FOR ME.

with that said, typing on the d4's screen was tough, it is a small screen to type on. try using swype, whether its downloading it from the market, or if its there stock (not sure honestly). its the best solution i found to portrait texting.

also, screen doesnt light up when you open your keyboard? have you tried anything to resolve that?

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
dont wanna drag it off topic, but the d4 is thick, and fits in my pocket the same way a thin phone that has a bigger screen does. so a big phone isnt a problem FOR ME.

I completely agree and dont understand some arguments against real KBs saying they make phones too thick.
If, for example, you add a phisical querty KB to a phone with a huge screen, that will be awesome: dream of dreams for me.

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
Sorry I am using swype and dont see the screen neither what I am doing

Last edited:

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
I dont see any phisical qwerty keyboard in that "so cheap" place. Its seems to be a mistake.

jmagi

Reaction score
well looks like china did what noone else could do. make the slimmest slider keyboard. with razr like keys. i might be comfortable with this solution for now.
[video=youtube;Iwcs1GAe5M8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwcs1GAe5M8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

amazon also has a flip leather case keyboard.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Shelly79

Reaction score
im not trying to say it just to rub it in your faces.....im just trying to open your eyes to say its not that bad and get you to open your minds....i had the same mindset as you 2 weeks ago, then asurion offered me the maxx instead since the droid 4 is no longer in production, and seeing as that was my option, and its a newer phone, i accepted. it is pleasant to type with.

hi.. I tried the Droid RZr for more than a year.. its very similar to the Droid Maxx... I hated the touch screen keyboard. never got used to it. tried swype, swift, and so many other virtual downloaded keyboards. Im a lost case.

Shelly79

Reaction score
well looks like china did what noone else could do. make the slimmest slider keyboard. with razr like keys. i might be comfortable with this solution for now.
[video=youtube;Iwcs1GAe5M8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwcs1GAe5M8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

amazon also has a flip leather case keyboard.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I tried a bluetooth keyboard on my phone once. its not the same.... boooo.. but i guess at least Samsung is getting the good idea!

shanook

Reaction score
Bump so more word can spread and be noticed. My Droid 4 needs to be upgraded. It's been long enough.