Any recommendations for a Facebook app?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Section Twelve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Section Twelve

Section Twelve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The official app really, really sucks. It is far too limited and I find myself constantly going into Dolphin HD to do what I want on facebook.

Are there any good free or paid apps for facebook that are NOT the official release? I've searched here, I've Googled, I even checked AppBrain but everything comes back to either nothing related or to the official app.

I need something better.

2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    try out bloo. very well designed.

3. InfamousDX

InfamousDX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've actually just stopped checking fb... stops me from wasting time!

But really, bloo is very good.

4. Christy552005

Christy552005 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I'm doing something wrong....it tells me the 6 digit code is wrong. Can't even get it to work

5. InfamousDX

InfamousDX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe it's case sensitive?

6. Section Twelve

Section Twelve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions on Bloo, folks... but it's not really working out well so far.

• It tells me I am not a friend of myself and I cannot view my own profile.
    • It asked for Inbox permission, but keeps telling me that I need permission even after I allowed it.
    • It seems to delete the feeds each time it is closed and then downloads them all over again when re-launched. This makes it very slow so far.
    • Out of all of my friends in the friends list, I can view the profiles of exactly TWO of them.
    Not sure if this is just a network problem (FB is working fine from the PC) or the norm for Bloo, but this is almost as bad as the official app. I do like Bloo's layout, however.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to alleviate any of those problems? Would very much appreciate it.

7. LuciferRex

LuciferRex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree....the official app is terrible. That is one of the only (one of very few) things I miss about my Storm. Hope they fix this soon.

8. mygsdsni

mygsdsni New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My facebook widget that came with the phone plain old stopped working today. Is that normal? Only have the phone one week.

9. deek

deek Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Facebook App. Different from the Social Network App.
    This one does basically what I need, send/receive messages, view news feeds, view pictures/profiles/etc.

The only thing that it really lacks in my opinion is the face book chat option.
    There are other apps out there for that, but take a little bit more setting up which I have not gotten into yet.

10. Section Twelve

Section Twelve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which app would that be?

11. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded Bloo and thought it sucks plus I can't pin it on it but when I clicked on my Messaging icon all my email accounts were gone except Gmail. So I dumped Bloo and put them all back but my Gmail account won't show up as an account with the rest of my email accounts. I can access it with the Gmail icon but anyone know how to get the icon back in the messaging. It shows I have it but just don't show the icon.

12. richjacksonkc

richjacksonkc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, this might not be the exact answer your looking for but I don't use any facebook app at all, and that has been my best facebook experience with my droids..
    Unlike the previous poster who said he doesn't use facebook at all, I still use aspects of facebook, just not a centralized app like fb official or bloo. For me I'm mostly interested in updating my status, reading status updates of others, and working with pics. So basically I use a combination of tweetdeck (for status updates and viewing posted pics), and pixelpipe for updating my photos. For rare tasks other than these I use touch.facebook.com.
    Again, this is a specific use case, and might not be what you're looking for, but it works perfect for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk