Any recommendations for a Facebook app?

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
I use bloo 1.5 for notifications and occasionally chat, the stock facebook app for viewing the feed and handling messages, and the dx's social status widget for updating my status and for syncing contacts.

Your issues with bloo are common for some users. Sometimes, when you first authorize bloo to access your facebook, it takes facebook's servers a while to recognize that those permissions are enabled. In every case I've seen so far, giving it a couple/few days usually clears the problem up.

As for the chat feature of bloo, I worked directly with the dev to test it before he allowed me to leak the final test build (1.5). If you go to the facebook group called Save bloo! and head to the discussions, you can grab that version. Yes, chat is still a bit buggy, but it was his first attempt and you honestly wouldn't believe how long my first writeup on bugs/issues was. He fixed ALL of my major complaints, but I'm not REAL big on facebook chat anyway. I really use bloo for notifications, because it actually alerts me in the status bar when someone likes, comments, etc any post I'm a part of, then takes me to the simple app screen with that post which, in my opinion, loads a hell of a lot faster than the browser through the official app. The reason it takes so long to load the feed is because it's always making sure you have the most current posts available, unlike the official app which often reglquires a refresh for the latest updates.

It'd be nice to have ONE app that did it all, and the official app is getting closer, but no one has done it yet.

I discovered bloo shortly after buying my d1 in November 09 and the official app wouldn't load ANYHING thanks to facebook's ever-changing api, but have since decided to use the built-in features of the dx and the feed of the official app.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it. Feel free to ask me any questions about my particular usage that might help you better decide what's good for you. I'm accused of always being on facebook thanks to my Droid and now my X.

Emitted from X.

This was a good response. Thank you.

You've given me everything I need. Now I will track down 1.5 and go from there with everything else you mentioned.

Thanks to everyone else as well.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem! Here's the link where I uploaded it...hopefully tapatalk has fixed the issue with dead links...(Edit: seems to have worked. This is the version I tested with the dev and he gave me permission to leak.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?40whnqjzn0zih

Emitted from X.

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
No problem! Here's the link where I uploaded it...hopefully tapatalk has fixed the issue with dead links...(Edit: seems to have worked. This is the version I tested with the dev and he gave me permission to leak.)

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Emitted from X.

Thanks again, Jonny.

This version is definitely working better. I will kick the chat around a bit tomorrow and let you know how it is if you like.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No worries if you don't get back to it. I'm trying the beta of beejive, which works for fb, yahoo, msn and other chats right now...

Emitted from X.

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
No worries if you don't get back to it. I'm trying the beta of beejive, which works for fb, yahoo, msn and other chats right now...

Emitted from X.

You can tell the chat is a bit rough and still needs some work... but it's slick as hell. I like how you can swipe across to go from person to person you are chatting with.

Everything is working great so far. The combination of Bloo and the Social Networking feed are really nice. Thanks for the recommendations.

bodean

Reaction score
Im surprised there has been NO UPDATE to the facebook app to allow that new "places" option they introduced. Anyone else notice this missing?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Launcher Pro Plus will have a Facebook/Twitter widget in a week or so +/-. Im not sure of the functionality that it will have but the developer has said it will have the feeds (scrollable) and the ability to post your status. I think at this point it will be basic as he has said he is getting all the widgets out in a basic format first. Then will add more functionality later, plus skinning. Now I dont think his widget will ever be a full functional "app" but requesting features for the Social widget may be our best bet to get a decent functioning of the things we are missing with the Stock facebook.