Any official word on .901?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I'm still at 893. No data drops for me here near Charlotte, but the battery SUX. I have erections that last longer than my Bionic's Battery (std), and at 51 that's pretty pathetic. I hope the upgrade addresses it, my phone STAYS on a charger.

nateohio

Reaction score
I'm still at 893. No data drops for me here near Charlotte, but the battery SUX. I have erections that last longer than my Bionic's Battery (std), and at 51 that's pretty pathetic. I hope the upgrade addresses it, my phone STAYS on a charger.

Hilarious!!!!!!

Scribble

Reaction score
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I had a Bionic then switched to Razr when it was released. My son now has the Bionic. While I had the Bionic it lost data a lot. I applied the new updates when they were available and it helped a little but it still lost data connection a lot and still does. It has .897 on it at present and my son complains constantly about data loss. Hopefully .901 will help it.
Now for my reason for posting here...the Razr in comparison very rarely loses data connection. My son and I can be in the same location and I will have data and he will not. This happens a lot, as a 14 year old has no problem voicing his displeasure, so I hear about it.
So, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it's as much about Verizon as it is about the Phone.
I'm thinking I need to get the .901 on his Bionic to see if it will help it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR

It's kind of partly both.

Phones periodically have to check in to the network to ask if they're allowed to be there. Verizon is having trouble sending back a "yes" right now. Some phones send this request more often. Some deal with the "No" by sending another request more quickly then others. Some more quickly assume that you're in backwoods bumblefrak with no signal and just go into conserve battery mode.

So while part of it can be fixed by the phone maker, it also has to be fixed largely on Verizon's side because if they start changing stuff on the phone the open up a world of other problems... Like if they ping the network more often or never go into conserve battery mode people start complaining about how much battery it drains.

I THINK the 893 update probably told the phone to ping the network more often. I noticed that after the update I've been having more network drops then I used to, but now they last for a shorter period of time then they used to as well.

Verizon seriously needs to fix this sooner rather then later... (Or at least start taking down all those ad posters calling it The Nations Most Reliable 4g network... :()

Last edited: