Any official word on .901?

ofiba

Reaction score
Count me in the group that has had my data drops fixed (at least so far) with the .901 update. Haven't had to reboot phone once since I updated last Friday. Before that I would have to every couple days due to data drops.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
How many times we got to tell you it isnt the bionic. Its a brand new network. So tired of seeing this. My girls rezound was dropping data yesterday like no ones business. You want solid data? Get a cdma only phone. And stop putting a bad name out for the bionic. Its vzws problem. They WILL figure it out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Agree and disagree....Most of it is the network, but some is certainly the phone. Proof? Because many people states that .901 has fixed their data issues. Some people return their phones for another, and data issues are fixed, or at least better!....I never had many data issues, but with .901, I have zero!

Lexiconix

Reaction score
I have just loaded up 901 leak from XDA and I'd have to say so far my connection seems fairly solid compared to 866 or 893... I wasn't getting 1/2 my texts and such... now I seem to be getting all so far... much too soon to tell... they did add more bloat though with 901.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Ummmmm...

Maybe it's just certain parts of the network and not all. Maybe Moto is making updates to help mitigate the issues in areas where the VZ network is having issues. There's a whole lot of anecdotal evidence that the VZ network is a big contributor to issues in many areas and let's face it there are daily reports of areas and whole regions going down at least on a weekly basis. This would seem to indicate that the "network" is a "work in progress". I would imagine if it were the phones, VZ would be all over the MFGs and discontinuing the "problem" phones rather than letting the reputation of their "network" take a beating like it has.

Just my 2 cents ...

:icon_eek:

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed for cleaning.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread reopened, keep it civil here folks, thanks.

nateohio

Reaction score
Ummmmm...

Maybe it's just certain parts of the network and not all. Maybe Moto is making updates to help mitigate the issues in areas where the VZ network is having issues. There's a whole lot of anecdotal evidence that the VZ network is a big contributor to issues in many areas and let's face it there are daily reports of areas and whole regions going down at least on a weekly basis. This would seem to indicate that the "network" is a "work in progress". I would imagine if it were the phones, VZ would be all over the MFGs and discontinuing the "problem" phones rather than letting the reputation of their "network" take a beating like it has.

Just my 2 cents ...

:icon_eek:

For instance, woke up this morning and no 4G in San Antonio, 2nd time in a week

EDIT: Just checked, we got 4G back in San Antonio. Outage lasted at least 2 hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

cthebadge38

Reaction score
I think it's partly the network and partly the phone. I was dropping data atleast 3-4 times a day on all of the ota leaks. Sometimes the only way I could get it back was to wipe cache and reboot. With the 901 update I have lost data once in 5 days. Airplane mode brought it right back. I don't see why installing the leaked 901 would take anyone off the upgrade path if Verizon pushed it. It may have only been to a few that are part of these forums but how many got it that we didn't hear about? I would think Verizon would have to support it. Either way, anyone that knows how to get back on the upgrade path now doesn't have much to worry about. Worth taking the chance for the stability this update brings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rdgxray

Reaction score
On 9.01 and only use 3g. Dropped data several times yesterday. Sometimes it wouldn't come back. My daughter was texting me and they were not coming through either. Wierd. As far as I know I have never lost txt before. They come over a seperate network than 3g correct? Still very happy with 9.01 but still have minor hiccups.

nateohio

Reaction score
On 9.01 and only use 3g. Dropped data several times yesterday. Sometimes it wouldn't come back. My daughter was texting me and they were not coming through either. Wierd. As far as I know I have never lost txt before. They come over a seperate network than 3g correct? Still very happy with 9.01 but still have minor hiccups.

Did the data issues exist prior to your updating to 901? Also, are you using any third party text managers such as Handcent?

rdgxray

Reaction score
Yes I have always had data issues ever since got bionic...with each update has gotten better. I only use 3g. I just use stock texting. I had hoped 9.01 would fix all data issues. It has not. Much better though.

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I too still get the occasional data drop but airplane mode brings it right back. Compared to 893 it is a vast improvement and since it was officially pushed it will not remove you from any future updates. I am rooted and using Safestrap so I can leave my main system bone stock/bloated for updates and run my roms in safe mode.

Reaction score
I am on .901, and I have no data right now at my office, and I have never had a problem at my office. Ive restarted connections, rebooted twice, pulled SIM.

I am so sick of this damm phone.

nateohio

Reaction score
I think VZW might be experiencing problems with the network. There have been many reports of problems with data today.