Any official word on .901?

Reaction score
Well, it's been 8 days since the "accidental" push of 5.9.901......If they are really doing a secret (not so secret) soak test, they've had enough time to determine whether it's a go or not....

deduct

Reaction score
It has to be soon. Im wondering whether or not those who are already using it are still getting data drops?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

lykofos

Reaction score
No official news yet. Dunno how long they sit on it before releasing it everyone. When the official .893 update was released, many people here verified via it's checksum that it was the same .893 that many got via cheesecake a month earlier.

It has to be soon. Im wondering whether or not those who are already using it are still getting data drops?

There's tons of threads already on how it performs, but short answer, in my personal experience the phone is pretty much flawless in terms of data connectivity on .901.

Tonik

Reaction score

I agree soon.I suspect they are just waiting for the holidays to be over. I am on it. There are still data drops but it recovers quickly and all by itself. Not even sure I would call it a data drop add much as a momentary lag as it switches. My testing is so far only in a good area.tomorrow will be the real test when I get back to work.

welsalex

Reaction score
Remember its the holiday season and there will be extra days due to offices being closed etc.

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

Hiball

Reaction score
I am losing data right now. I still drop data daily but it is not near as long as it was when I was on .893 I live on the edge of 4g and that's where I am still losing it. When I go 3 miles into town I have great 4g and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
It'll probably be February till it's actually released given how long this stuff always seems to take them. Anyone on the fence about upgrading with a leak, my advice is DO IT. It literally solved all of my connectivity problems. I've been on it for nearly a week now and have not had a single drop. 4G, 3G, Wifi, it has been flawless. Previously on 886 and 893 I had drops literally every few hours, sometimes every hour.

nateohio

Reaction score
It'll probably be February till it's actually released given how long this stuff always seems to take them. Anyone on the fence about upgrading with a leak, my advice is DO IT. It literally solved all of my connectivity problems. I've been on it for nearly a week now and have not had a single drop. 4G, 3G, Wifi, it has been flawless. Previously on 886 and 893 I had drops literally every few hours, sometimes every hour.

Not to mention that thanks to P3Droid and the guys over at rootzwiki, we now have a way to get back onto the upgrade path if need be.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
From everything I've seen, I think it would be a wise idea for Moto and VZW to go ahead and officially push .901.....it works flawlessly for me too.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
My data drops have been absolutely terrible, it is constantlu dropping. I really hate this damn phone done days.

deduct

Reaction score
Which version you running mike?

wilboy

Reaction score
Actually,I've been in 3 different VW store locations,they have only one answer...first week of January..fingers crossed!!

713King

Reaction score
Lol just install it, I live in Houston and before with the other update I would still drop data and with the 901 update the battery last even longer than before and no data issues

tkileh

Reaction score
I spoke to Motorola they and they said early January a patch for the bionic will be re leased they would not specify what version or what it will fix.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
My data drops have been absolutely terrible, it is constantlu dropping. I really hate this damn phone done days.

How many times we got to tell you it isnt the bionic. Its a brand new network. So tired of seeing this. My girls rezound was dropping data yesterday like no ones business. You want solid data? Get a cdma only phone. And stop putting a bad name out for the bionic. Its vzws problem. They WILL figure it out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk