Any official word on .901?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by MyEntityRemains, Dec 27, 2011.

1. MyEntityRemains

MyEntityRemains New Member

Well, it's been 8 days since the "accidental" push of 5.9.901......If they are really doing a secret (not so secret) soak test, they've had enough time to determine whether it's a go or not....
  2. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

It has to be soon. Im wondering whether or not those who are already using it are still getting data drops?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  3. lykofos

lykofos New Member

No official news yet. Dunno how long they sit on it before releasing it everyone. When the official .893 update was released, many people here verified via it's checksum that it was the same .893 that many got via cheesecake a month earlier.

There's tons of threads already on how it performs, but short answer, in my personal experience the phone is pretty much flawless in terms of data connectivity on .901.
  4. Tonik

Tonik Member

I agree soon.I suspect they are just waiting for the holidays to be over. I am on it. There are still data drops but it recovers quickly and all by itself. Not even sure I would call it a data drop add much as a momentary lag as it switches. My testing is so far only in a good area.tomorrow will be the real test when I get back to work.
  5. welsalex

welsalex New Member

Remember its the holiday season and there will be extra days due to offices being closed etc.

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums
  6. Hiball

Hiball New Member

I am losing data right now. I still drop data daily but it is not near as long as it was when I was on .893 I live on the edge of 4g and that's where I am still losing it. When I go 3 miles into town I have great 4g and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  7. Sanitarium09

Sanitarium09 New Member

It'll probably be February till it's actually released given how long this stuff always seems to take them. Anyone on the fence about upgrading with a leak, my advice is DO IT. It literally solved all of my connectivity problems. I've been on it for nearly a week now and have not had a single drop. 4G, 3G, Wifi, it has been flawless. Previously on 886 and 893 I had drops literally every few hours, sometimes every hour.
  8. nateohio

nateohio New Member

Not to mention that thanks to P3Droid and the guys over at rootzwiki, we now have a way to get back onto the upgrade path if need be.
  9. MyEntityRemains

From everything I've seen, I think it would be a wise idea for Moto and VZW to go ahead and officially push .901.....it works flawlessly for me too.
  10. mike02vr6

mike02vr6 New Member

My data drops have been absolutely terrible, it is constantlu dropping. I really hate this damn phone done days.

11. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

Which version you running mike?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  12. wilboy

wilboy New Member

Actually,I've been in 3 different VW store locations,they have only one answer...first week of January..fingers crossed!!
  13. 713King

713King Member

Lol just install it, I live in Houston and before with the other update I would still drop data and with the 901 update the battery last even longer than before and no data issues
  14. tkileh

tkileh Member

I spoke to Motorola they and they said early January a patch for the bionic will be re leased they would not specify what version or what it will fix.

15. ex0rcist

ex0rcist New Member

How many times we got to tell you it isnt the bionic. Its a brand new network. So tired of seeing this. My girls rezound was dropping data yesterday like no ones business. You want solid data? Get a cdma only phone. And stop putting a bad name out for the bionic. Its vzws problem. They WILL figure it out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  16. ofiba

ofiba New Member

Count me in the group that has had my data drops fixed (at least so far) with the .901 update. Haven't had to reboot phone once since I updated last Friday. Before that I would have to every couple days due to data drops.
  17. MyEntityRemains

Agree and disagree....Most of it is the network, but some is certainly the phone. Proof? Because many people states that .901 has fixed their data issues. Some people return their phones for another, and data issues are fixed, or at least better!....I never had many data issues, but with .901, I have zero!
  18. Lexiconix

Lexiconix New Member

I have just loaded up 901 leak from XDA and I'd have to say so far my connection seems fairly solid compared to 866 or 893... I wasn't getting 1/2 my texts and such... now I seem to be getting all so far... much too soon to tell... they did add more bloat though with 901.
  19. cbrmike

cbrmike New Member

I did the 5.9.901 on the 25th and have not lost data or 4g at all ......:hail:901
  20. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Ummmmm...

Maybe it's just certain parts of the network and not all. Maybe Moto is making updates to help mitigate the issues in areas where the VZ network is having issues. There's a whole lot of anecdotal evidence that the VZ network is a big contributor to issues in many areas and let's face it there are daily reports of areas and whole regions going down at least on a weekly basis. This would seem to indicate that the "network" is a "work in progress". I would imagine if it were the phones, VZ would be all over the MFGs and discontinuing the "problem" phones rather than letting the reputation of their "network" take a beating like it has.

Just my 2 cents ...

:icon_eek:
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011