Any BLOATWARE that you ended up KEEPING??

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Companies pay a lot of money to get apps pre-installed on phones, do any of them end up being useful for you??
For me, I kept:

QuickOffice - hugely useful for getting a quick, or even a full read of documents. I probably wouldn't compose a document or a powerpoint on my phone, but with a bluetooth keyboard it wouldn't be that difficult, especially with hdmi mirroring.

Amazon Kindle - I have an amazon prime account with 20 or so books, and it's nice to be able to access them from my phone. I read the entirety of the Sherlock Holmes series from my bionic.

My Verizon Mobile - probably the only really useful app made by verizon. That v-cast stuff is junk. This one's good because of the widget that tells you how much data you've used so far in your billing cyclce in near-real-time.

NFL Mobile - In bed sick for the super bowl :( but could watch it easily from my phone :D

Has anyone found any use from any of the other bloatware apps that came with their phone??

mamawm

Reaction score
I have used the help center app quite a few times, it's quite handy to have the owners manual right at my fingertips and I really appreciate the instant access to Motorola support.

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
M Verizon Mobile to keep track of minutes, everything else is unlimited

Also to add people in my Top 10

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Zumocast is extremely useful. Great for accessing files stored on your PC, and it will even stream music and video files to your Bionic. Works with HDMI-out as well, so you can basically use your PC like a media server and stream content to your HDTV.

Big fan of Amazon Kindle. I don't even own a Kindle device, but I buy all my books via Amazon e-books now and just read them on my Bionic or PC. (For DRM-free e-books, I use Aldiko on my Bionic and Calibre on my PC -- both are free.) Don't really care for Google Books.

My Verizon is useful for checking usage, upgrade availability, etc.

Pretty much everything else I have frozen with Titanium Backup.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
ok, I'll say it. I kept Slacker Radio and listen to it almost every day. I loved the free NFL Moblie app during the season, too.

jayman350

Reaction score
I used the NFL mobile app on a weekly basis to watch Red Zone during those short periods of time I was away from a tv during football season.

My verizon is a nice way to keep track of how much of my unlimited data I am using :biggrin:

Zumocast is great, I use it all the time to stream videos as well as pictures that don't need to live on my phone to view them

I used to keep the kindle app on there, but I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas so I don't need that on my phone anymore. Oh and if you are wondering, I LOVE my Fire. I can't think of anything that even comes close to it for the price.

mikeyd08

Reaction score
I use slacker a lot, nearly everyday. Quick office, my Verizon (the ONLY Verizon app I've even opened)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Natey2

Reaction score
I'm keeping all of them ;)
Looking at Running Services on my DroidX, and also using WatchDog, I don't see them as being CPU or Memory hogs.

Sent from my unrooted DROIDX using DroidForums app