1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any BLOATWARE that you ended up KEEPING??

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by BroidDrionic, Feb 27, 2012.

1. BroidDrionic

BroidDrionic New Member

Companies pay a lot of money to get apps pre-installed on phones, do any of them end up being useful for you??
    For me, I kept:

QuickOffice - hugely useful for getting a quick, or even a full read of documents. I probably wouldn't compose a document or a powerpoint on my phone, but with a bluetooth keyboard it wouldn't be that difficult, especially with hdmi mirroring.

Amazon Kindle - I have an amazon prime account with 20 or so books, and it's nice to be able to access them from my phone. I read the entirety of the Sherlock Holmes series from my bionic.

My Verizon Mobile - probably the only really useful app made by verizon. That v-cast stuff is junk. This one's good because of the widget that tells you how much data you've used so far in your billing cyclce in near-real-time.

NFL Mobile - In bed sick for the super bowl :( but could watch it easily from my phone :D

Has anyone found any use from any of the other bloatware apps that came with their phone??
  2. mamawm

mamawm New Member

I have used the help center app quite a few times, it's quite handy to have the owners manual right at my fingertips and I really appreciate the instant access to Motorola support.

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums
  3. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

M Verizon Mobile to keep track of minutes, everything else is unlimited

Also to add people in my Top 10

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9
  4. Purplfreak

Purplfreak New Member

I use the snot out of Citrix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. unbesorgt

unbesorgt New Member

Zumocast is extremely useful. Great for accessing files stored on your PC, and it will even stream music and video files to your Bionic. Works with HDMI-out as well, so you can basically use your PC like a media server and stream content to your HDTV.

Big fan of Amazon Kindle. I don't even own a Kindle device, but I buy all my books via Amazon e-books now and just read them on my Bionic or PC. (For DRM-free e-books, I use Aldiko on my Bionic and Calibre on my PC -- both are free.) Don't really care for Google Books.

My Verizon is useful for checking usage, upgrade availability, etc.

Pretty much everything else I have frozen with Titanium Backup.
  6. giant25

giant25 New Member

ok, I'll say it. I kept Slacker Radio and listen to it almost every day. I loved the free NFL Moblie app during the season, too.
  7. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

I used the NFL mobile app on a weekly basis to watch Red Zone during those short periods of time I was away from a tv during football season.

My verizon is a nice way to keep track of how much of my unlimited data I am using :biggrin:

Zumocast is great, I use it all the time to stream videos as well as pictures that don't need to live on my phone to view them

I used to keep the kindle app on there, but I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas so I don't need that on my phone anymore. Oh and if you are wondering, I LOVE my Fire. I can't think of anything that even comes close to it for the price.
  8. mikeyd08

mikeyd08 New Member

I use slacker a lot, nearly everyday. Quick office, my Verizon (the ONLY Verizon app I've even opened)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  9. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

I'm keeping all of them ;)
    Looking at Running Services on my DroidX, and also using WatchDog, I don't see them as being CPU or Memory hogs.

Sent from my unrooted DROIDX using DroidForums app
Search tags for this page

remove miui v4 bloatware