Antivirus

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
I want know some opinions on putting antivirus software on my X before I purchase the software.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are free apps in the market, no need to purchase.

But on another note there is no need to use antivirus apps. They slow your phone down and there really isn't a virus for android phones.

OP
T

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
I have been having a lot of issues lately and I am just trying to figure out if it would help.

ronlsjr

Reaction score
I head of viruses on the android phone. There is free virus scanner to try. Just search the market place for virus scanning apps.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

OP
T

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
Restarts and shuts down whenever it wants, turns wifi on. I even took all of the apps off and did a reset. When trying to setup I couldn't even do that. Had to call vzw to setup manually. On my first replacement and second one on the way. I had more issues before I got this replacement.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Restarts and shuts down whenever it wants, turns wifi on. I even took all of the apps off and did a reset. When trying to setup I couldn't even do that. Had to call vzw to setup manually. On my first replacement and second one on the way. I had more issues before I got this replacement.

you install any apps that have automatic settings turned on?

have you rooted and are you using a ROM?

OP
T

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
No apps on right now other than this forum and droid x forum. No automatic apps even before when it was happening. No change phone is stock

OP
T

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
I was told by tier 2 tech that GB should fix some if the bugs I am just not convinced it will.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A couple of my friends have the Droid X and have mentioned it restarts on itself.

I had 2 of them do a hard reset and they said it still happens, but this was probably last summer so I don't know, I heard the last update was supposed to make it more stable.

Guess you gotta put up with it til Gingerbread drops.