What antivirus software should I download?

IraKyiv

Reaction score
guys, I have htc one v and it started to perform weird, my friend says I have catch a virus. what should I do? What antivirus software should I download as soon as I save my phone? thanx!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Acting weird is not necessarily an indication that you have malware on your phone, at least not without some additional explanation. For a quick non intrusive install get AVG free and have it do a scan.

eugenerudenko

Reaction score
Agree, you can use AVG for a quick scan. Norton antivirus is another alternative (there's free Lite version at the market).

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
None, there are no virus in android. All it will do is use up processing resources and show your phone. Google "why android phones don't need anti virus". Malware is the only concern which can easily be prevented by only downloading apps from trusted sources like the play store AND paying attention to the types of permissions the app is asking for. Example: a game you download asks for permission to read all your contact info but the game doesn't support multi player seems a little odd. I wouldn't download it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd like to know what exactly the phone is doing.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

selpheir

Reaction score
I don't use and I've never used an android antivirus.
If you don't install external apps you don't have much to concern.

But it depends of the behaviour of your phone, maybe it's just a problem of android or of your phone.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-Do not install an anti virus.

-Reboot your device.

-Uninstall the last couple apps you installed.

-Reboot.

-Clear your running apps data.

-Reboot.

-Clear phone cache.

-Reboot.

-Backup your data.

-FDR.

Follow this in order until your problem is resolved.

OP
IraKyiv

IraKyiv

Reaction score
thanx for your replies, guys! rebooting did not help, so I gave it to the service centre, they told me that it was some kinda a of a virus or smth like that, so now I defenetly want to use antivirus soft. I have mobile banking on my phone, don't want to be fished

But which one to choose?! All of them look the same for me, is AVG the best option? if there is any point to get a paid version? for instance, mcafee is now only 10 euros and it is fine for my galaxy tab as well. What would you reccomend? I'm so nooob in this stuff((