Another ICS Leak this time for the Droid BIONIC!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Nice! Hopefully that FXZ will be out soon. I will say that once I flashed the first GB leak last year I never went back to Froyo!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that this update ups our clockspeed to 1.2GHz? It was a nice surprise to find this out.

bigred8380

Reaction score
Sweet sauce!!!
Glad to hear that there is finally a leak for the Bionic! I haven't done any rooting of my Bionic so I will have to wait for the OTA.... but this should be on the way soon now.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice! Hopefully that FXZ will be out soon. I will say that once I flashed the first GB leak last year I never went back to Froyo!

After playing with this for a bit, have no interest in going back to GB at all *LOL*

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Sweet sauce!!!
Glad to hear that there is finally a leak for the Bionic! I haven't done any rooting of my Bionic so I will have to wait for the OTA.... but this should be on the way soon now.

No need to be rooted.
Must flash with stock recovery too.
:)

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Can I get confirmation:

Does all widgets work?
does Camera work?
Does Video recording/playback work?
hmm what else.....

nobreak1970

Reaction score
@bigred8380 honestly if you are new to any of this I'd wait a bit. You get the file, put on SD card, go into stock recovery on phone...flash update. Then things get a bit convoluted regarding the update. We don't know yet if it's a point of no return or not.

jayman350

Reaction score
Don't need to be rooted to flash!? (forgive me, I'm not up to speed with the smartphone flashing and rooting) how do I go about this process safely?

updates from Moto/VZW are done through the stock recovery. IIRC you hold the volume +&- buttons as you press the power button to boot to stock recovery.

As far as doing it "safely" there really isn't a way to do that. Once you flash this you will be stuck on this build, presumably until the next leak/update comes out. Be very careful with this, there are people who really screwed up their RAZRs by flashing the leaked build and then tried to flash back to GB.

Fact is, we just don't know enough about whats going on right now. Give the devs some time to see what they can come up with to bake into their custom roms. Hopefully this will allow them to get all the little bugs worked out of ICS.

I would put money on the fact that someone will have a fully functional custom ICS rom before we see anything "official" from Moto or VZW.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Great to finally hear some good news in relation to my cell phone after all this information regarding our plans. Though I've manually installed updates plenty of times before, I'll hold off until we get a more official build at least.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
I am getting mixed messages regarding whether it can be done with or without root.

You HAVE to have a fully stock Rom on there though.
Bloatware and everything for this to work.

Flash at your own risk too.

NOTE2: you can however use Pete's Root Tools to unroot the phone.

humbleopus

Reaction score
Any issues yet? I'd love to have ICS, but don' want to get burned.....
  • :icon_eek: