[Upd] Ice Cream Sandwich Could be Close for Droid Bionic; Another New ICS Build Leaks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid-Bionic-ICS-second-leak.jpeg

Updated: Apparently, there is an even newer leaked build of ICS for the Droid Bionic that was found just yesterday. Here's a link to the thread, from right here in the forums: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/214870-new-bionic-ics-update-6-7-230-a.html!

Not too long ago we had a leak of Ice Cream Sandwich for the Droid Bionic. Obviously it didn't turn out to be a final build because we still don't have a rollout yet, but that may change soon. Motorola's schedule indicated they plan to release it in Q3 at some point, which means any time now. Also, a new version just leaked that could point towards an impending launch. This newest version is ICS firmware build, .229. If you are curious to give it a try, here's a quote below with some more details and links. Also, remember to follow the instructions perfectly, so as not to brick your device.

If you want to try the latest leaked firmware for Droid Bionic, you’ll have to FXZ back to 902 and then install the previous 905 update. Only then will you be able to flash the .229 firmware. If this sounds alien to you, it’s best to consult with the folks at Droid Hive. They’ve created a detailed tutorial on how to make that jump, making available the files users will have to download as well.

According to those who have braved the leak, their Droid Bionic seems to be running smoother compared to the previous builds. There are also reports of better battery life but the overall changes aren’t too prominent, but rather subtle.

Sound off in the thread if you give this a go and tell us what you think of it.

Even though we are already to .230, we wanted to shout out a thanks to merickk01, for finding and posting the .229 leak!

Source: BionicForums.net via AndroidAuthority

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Great! another thing to add to my to do list today :happy3:

DroidHive has also confirmed that you can FXZ back to 902 from this build. So, I'm a go for it! Baseband hasn't been updated, but kernel has.

I am a bit hesitant to update, only because of the possibility of another leak hitting soon (like with the first leak). So, maybe I'll wait a few days.

EDIT:

Looks like the leak was posted on the 29th. So, I guess there's my few days. What a nice Birthday present from moto :happy3:

DroidFarmerBill

Reaction score
well this is great news for me. i dont know how to do any of the leaked kinda stuff for my phone, so i've been waiting patiently for the real update to ICS. YAY!!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Don't look over the fact that you'll lose flash on webtop 3.0 if you use docks or a lap dock to watch hulu and other type things.

Escobar

Reaction score
If this piece of junk gets ics before the rezound, I will flip.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
I still honestly don't understand all the Bionic hate. What exactly makes the Bionic a piece of junk? It's nothing more than the beloved RAZR in a different form factor and mine has worked fantastically from day 1.