Annual upgrade to a 1 yr contract?

dafischman

Reaction score
Just went to get TBolt, was using my last annual upgrade, I'm 15 months into my current contract. They told me I couldn't do a 1 yr, they didn't know why, said the system was giving them the 2yr contract price and they wouldn't sell it to me at that. And they couldn't manually charge me the 1 yr price, even though the system let them put the 1 yr on my account. Messed up, is that typical. If so, that's fine, just wondering.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

dafischman

Reaction score
So just got home and did some searching. Apparently you can only do the 1yr if your contract is completely expired. Not sure if this is the way it has always been, but that is what I'm being told everywhere(store, CS, website). So that forces my decision on waiting for the Bionic. I like the TB, but being stuck on it for 2 years vs being stuck on the Bionic for 2 years seems like an easy decision. Anyone think one of these 2 phones will have a higher resale value in 10-15months? That might make a difference too.

Josh

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't forget VZW has said they are doing away with 1yr contracts all together... I forget what the cut off date was.... mid April IIRC.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
A Verizon Customer Service Rep clearly told me that I could do it, and also when I was buying my TB on an anual upgrade I could do it. Try a different store or call Customer Service, because you certainly CAN annual upgrade to a 1 year.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

dafischman

Reaction score
A Verizon Customer Service Rep clearly told me that I could do it, and also when I was buying my TB on an anual upgrade I could do it. Try a different store or call Customer Service, because you certainly CAN annual upgrade to a 1 year.

Bah, see this is frustrating, so far I've called 2 CS reps and have been told the same thing. Their website won't let me choose a 1yr once I get into the system, and my local store told me it let them choose the 1yr, but they were getting 2yr prices and refused to sell it to me. They said they think VZW has already started moving the system away from the 1yr.

Talk about frustrating.

Josh

vzdroid13

Reaction score

Bah, see this is frustrating, so far I've called 2 CS reps and have been told the same thing. Their website won't let me choose a 1yr once I get into the system, and my local store told me it let them choose the 1yr, but they were getting 2yr prices and refused to sell it to me. They said they think VZW has already started moving the system away from the 1yr.

Talk about frustrating.

Josh

What? They have no right to not sell you the phone. For all they know, Verizon could have made the 2 year and 1 year price the same for this last week. You should try another store or file a complaint. It doesn't matter what they are used to doing; if you want an offered plan and their computer is allowing them to set up that plan, they can't just say no.

OP
D

dafischman

Reaction score
Update!!!!

Well, after being very persistent, I got a rep on the phone who helped me out. he was having the same problem where the phone price was still $249 even though he had the 1 year in the system, so he said it was my lucky day and he gave me the TBolt for $249 with the 1 year contract. He even went back in to verify that the system updated to a 1 year. Hears hoping that everything works out the way he said!

Josh

OP
D

dafischman

Reaction score

Talk about frustrating.

Josh

What? They have no right to not sell you the phone. For all they know, Verizon could have made the 2 year and 1 year price the same for this last week. You should try another store or file a complaint. It doesn't matter what they are used to doing; if you want an offered plan and their computer is allowing them to set up that plan, they can't just say no.

LOL, this was exactly my thought! I was like, maybe theres a special on it, and the guy said, no, somethings wrong, I can't put it through with that price. And his manager was standing next to him and said, "ya, it's because they're getting rid of the 1 yr, they must have already gotten rid of it on the TB and the system isn't fully updated." Whatever the issue causing that price, I just got the same price over the phone from a CS rep for the 1 year and he put it through. Woo Hoo. He said it might've been an issue with our Alltel plan since we were grandfathered in. He said he could make it work, but he was missing some code so he'd have to do it all manually. Makes me think the guys at the local VZW didn't wan't to take the time.

Josh