Annoying security notification after 4.3

aquaholic

Reaction score
i factory reset my phone and it still didnt work. I have been on the phone with verizon and samsung the past 3 days. I am determined to make them fix this. Today the samsung rep at best buy told me," my iphone is much easier to use"

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
i factory reset my phone and it still didnt work. I have been on the phone with verizon and samsung the past 3 days. I am determined to make them fix this. Today the samsung rep at best buy told me," my iphone is much easier to use"
Fight the good fight! 'F' that guy at BB. That's the wrong answer!

aquaholic

Reaction score
Another thing to try is the following:

"I think I may have found a way to go around the factory reset. When it pops up in the drop down menu, long hold the notification until it says to go to app. At that point force stop the application. It has worked so far, hopefully it stays that way."

Please report back on your experience.

Verizon Galaxy S4 - Security Notice After Update to 4.3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

i just did this, and also cleared data and it is not popping up for me anymore. I even shut down the phone to see if it would and its still working.

beaky73

Reaction score
Another thing to try is the following:

"I think I may have found a way to go around the factory reset. When it pops up in the drop down menu, long hold the notification until it says to go to app. At that point force stop the application. It has worked so far, hopefully it stays that way."

Please report back on your experience.

Verizon Galaxy S4 - Security Notice After Update to 4.3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I just tried the force stop so I will see how it goes

GVLBob

Reaction score

Please note which specific app requires either Clear Data and/or Force Stop. Looks like it ought to be the Knox app that is 408kb in size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

beaky73

Reaction score
Please note which specific app requires either Clear Data and/or Force Stop. Looks like it ought to be the Knox app that is 408kb in size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It was the Knox app the i forced stop.. i did not see the size...

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
What does that have to do with the security update nuisance popup notifications we're talking about?

I was just asking a question to see if anyone had a similar or related issue.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

beaky73

Reaction score
The force stop worked.. it's been 4 hours and it has not come back.. phone is working fine.
Thank you

dsterlin

Reaction score
KNOX Notification Manager V1.0

Knox notification manager force stop works for me. If the phone is rebooted you need to force stop again.
go to Settings / Application Manager / All , you will see 2 Knox applications 1 is version 1.0 the other is version 3.0 this might be the problem.

aquaholic

Reaction score
well it came back. But at least it lasted for a while. Im sure samsung will bring out a patch asap

GVLBob

Reaction score