Email Security Update Required

nateccnn

Reaction score
Every time I reboot my phone I get a notification that my email app needs to have security updated. This started when I upgraded to FRG22D. I go into account settings and check allow all SSL and save the settings. But the next time I reboot the phone that annopying notification comes back. How do I make that stop? It's annoying.

Nate

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this using Exchange or any email app? That isn't happening with my Droid 1.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Yes...exchange with stock mail app.

Nate

KathRob

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 6
Every time I reboot my phone I get a notification that my email app needs to have security updated. This started when I upgraded to FRG22D. I go into account settings and check allow all SSL and save the settings. But the next time I reboot the phone that annopying notification comes back. How do I make that stop? It's annoying.

Nate
This happened to me too on Exchange and seemed random all - mails disappeared and could not send any . Spent ages looking through account and security settings.No help from work IT (it's my work phone). Then I found a notification saying my security pin (the one you have to backup fingerprint login) had expired. I updated that pin and hey presto, my mails reappeared. Seemed impossibly simple but worked.