Notification tones are repeating?

LouS

Reaction score
OK, it appears that when I get an e-mail notification tone and I don't read the message right away, it seems to repeat the tone periodically (every few minutes or so). Is there any setting so that it does not repeat? I'm not finding one...

TIA...

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
maybe i'm hearing things...

calpalmer

Reaction score
My X keeps enunciating "Verizon wireless" every minute or two, when I'm in a marginal to poor coverage area. I can't find a way to stop it, short of going Silent on everything. Is there a way to disable this?

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
That I know as I had the same problem...

Go to Settings-Sound & Display-Roaming Tone ( Disable )

calpalmer

Reaction score
I thought of that but it didn't occur to me that it could cycle in and out of a roam condition so quickly. Thanks, cal

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
OK, this is getting kind of annoying. I had one new email message this AM. Got a notification tone. Then about 10 minutes later another tone, 10 min later another tone. Checked phone and there was only one message. How do you stop the repeating???

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Did you happen to download a 3rd party app for notifications - some of them have the "repeating" option and maybe it is checked by accident...I know the stock gMail app does not have repeating so are you using something else?

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
No, no third party apps for any of that. I forgot to mention I am using stock e-mail also...

J D Finley

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my Verizon Droid 2. I'm using an Exchange email account, and unlike the options for a gmail account, there is no option to select "notify once." I've had to set my notification ringtone to "silent." Seems like this is a bug in the OS.

Reaction score
No, no third party apps for any of that. I forgot to mention I am using stock e-mail also...

Hmm... I was going to say, the Touchdown for Exchange app has a setting to keep repeating until you read/silence, but that shoots my theory apart. I just went through all my settings on stock regarding notifications and/or sounds, nothing I see would make this a design of the stock apps. I would have to say that it's some sort of a glitch with your phone. Have you called VZW or Motorola support for help?

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
No, but I've had 2 DX's (first one was defective) and they both did this. Others are seeing this too...

Warner

Reaction score
No, but I've had 2 DX's (first one was defective) and they both did this. Others are seeing this too...

Yep, me too.......hopefully someone will figure out the solution to this, or it will get fixed with the Froyo update.....

Warner

sheriffgonnagetcha

Reaction score
Has anyone found an answer to this yet? This is seriously annoying. I can't leave my phone on at night because the email chimes go off every ten minutes. I've seen this question asked on many forums, so it's obviously a pretty common problem, but I haven't seen an answer yet.