Wifi unstable notification

rustyp2

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the entry on the phone and reestablishing it. Just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, even went as far as deleting all of my saved connections. Most were from hotels, work, etc. I did so twice, once rebooting before adding it back. On my wife's phone, here Wifi works great - its the phone button that is messed up, so bad that Verizon is sending her another phone.

rustyp2

Reaction score
Unsure now. Does your router possibly have a firmware update available

No, it's an 2TB Apple Airport. I have about 6 other devices, phones, tablets, PCs connected to it and everything else works fine. I've never had an issue before. It's the update. . .

Malkavian

Reaction score
Hopefully Samsung knows it is a problem and will address it. I think I read somewhere they know of some issues and are working on an update with bug fixes.

drew

Reaction score
Can confirm about it being the update and not the router. Wife and I both have S3s and did the upgrade on the same day. Both phones are now giving a "WiFi connection is unstable" notification. It is fairly annoying. We're both connecting to the same NetGear router about 10 feet away. I read somewhere about issues with Dual Band routers, but not sure if that's the case. That being said, I'm using it to parlay it into a new router purchase (my NetGear is about 4 or 5 years old).

bbtkd

Reaction score
Can confirm about it being the update and not the router. Wife and I both have S3s and did the upgrade on the same day. Both phones are now giving a "WiFi connection is unstable" notification. It is fairly annoying. We're both connecting to the same NetGear router about 10 feet away. I read somewhere about issues with Dual Band routers, but not sure if that's the case. That being said, I'm using it to parlay it into a new router purchase (my NetGear is about 4 or 5 years old).

My S4 which on the latest patch received from Verizon is having no issues with my Linksys EA4500 dual band router. When I get to the far reaches of signal, I do see the unstable message but I'd expect that. Did you both do a 1 minute battery pull after the update? All sorts of problems can be cleared up or avoided by doing that after every update or when experiencing a new problem. But yes, you deserve a new router!

Malkavian

Reaction score
I turned off the auto network switch and i have not received the unstable message in some time.

Reaction score
I thought my internet was just bad lol I get that "unstable" notification all the time and it kicks off my home internet. When I get back from work I will try the method you guys mentioned and give some feedback on it also. Hope it works

bbtkd

Reaction score
OHHHH.... my bad, thought it said "Wife unstable".

Stingray71

Reaction score
Constant Wifi disconnect/issues since 4.3 update. Turned off BT which I read about in another forum. Seemed to help. Biggest difference was changing my router to N and Turbo 40 MHz setting. This is a Buffalo router running DD-WRT (non 5 GHz router). If you have that setting available, give it a try.[h=1][/h]