WiFi problems since ICS?

Raven1155

Reaction score
I'm curious whether or not anyone else has noticed their WiFi getting unstable since the OTA update? Prior to the update, my WiFi seemed pretty reliable, but not lately. FWIW, I haven't seen any evidence, from other devices in the house, of any problems with the signal.

Thanks in advance!

cleave

Reaction score
Raven1155 said:
I'm curious whether or not anyone else has noticed their WiFi getting unstable since the OTA update? Prior to the update, my WiFi seemed pretty reliable, but not lately. FWIW, I haven't seen any evidence, from other devices in the house, of any problems with the signal.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, i have noticed that my wifi is very unstable. Sometimes i will have a perfectly good connection and it will take awhile for Web pages to START loading.

Like you said, no other devices are affected, so i know it's not my wifi network. Yesterday, i noticed that my phone wasn't connected to my wifi, when i went into settings and checked the wifi, i noticed that it kept saying "obtaining ip address" and "connecting." It kept alternating back and forth between the two at a rapid pace. Eventually, i had to push the volume down and power button simultaneously to restart the phone.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
No problems with mine. I use wifi all the Time. Have you both done a factory data reset since updating to ICS? Also just clearing the cache partition can make a big difference in some cases.

cleave

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
No problems with mine. I use wifi all the Time. Have you both done a factory data reset since updating to ICS? Also just clearing the cache partition can make a big difference in some cases.

Clearing cache in what...the browser (I have done that several times)? Yes, i have done an FDR, but still the problem continues. Is there some kind of way to clear the cache for wifi?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
cleave said:
Clearing cache in what...the browser (I have done that several times)? Yes, i have done an FDR, but still the problem continues. Is there some kind of way to clear the cache for wifi?

Have you ever cleared the cache from boot mode? Go into boot mode by turning the phone off then hold the power and both volume buttons till the Android is laying on it's back, then hit the volume keys a couple times till you get the menu push the volume down to recovery hit the volume up to select, then volume down to "clear cache partition" hit the power button to select. After it clears, hit the power button again on "reboot" this will clear the whole phones cache.