Android wear update

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...You'd think they'd make absolutely sure that notifications still work on every device before pushing an update. Besides the watch functions of it, that's the biggest feature for me...
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I could not agree more. Out of everything that Android Wear can do, that's the one thing that just has to work. Every time, flawlessly. As a former Forum member used to say..."darn it Google, you had one job...one". :cool:

Badelhas

Reaction score
It did seem to show my music controls at one point after the update, but then didn't later that same day, so hopefully it's just a temporary glitch.

Don't worry. It is and everything will work again. :) Try another reset since mine didn't work after the first reset, when I changed smartphone.
By the way, what do guys think about this article? Dear Google, When are you going to fix Android Wear?

I agree with many things but not the "remove the ambient display" part.

Cheers

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm with you on that article. I couldn't believe that removing ambient display was the first topic. That takes the watch out of smart watch of you ask me. & If they don't like it that way, there's an option in the settings to turn it off. My Urbane looks like a watch. I like being able to glance at my worst to see the time/date/etc without having to do anything to it.

AW definitely seems to be in a weird stage of existence. They don't seem to know what to do with it & it hasn't seen widespread adoption, so I'm sure it's not a high priority.

I might try another reset. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I haven't had any trouble in a long time, so it figures that I'd start now. I guess I got too complacent. Haha

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nice link @Badelhas thanks for sharing. I also agree with everything in that article except Ambient Display. If Google ever does remove that I am done with Android Wear and my G Shock and traditional Fossil watch will get new batteries and be back on my wrist. I want this to be a watch first and foremost, a quick glance to show me the current time. I do not want to have to "wake" my watch to show me the time. I am perfectly OK with charging my watch every night while I sleep.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Totally agree Sajo. The iWatch is so lame to me because the screen is always off by default. I wouldn't have gotten a watch without always on.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok, my watch was showing the music I listened to on the way to work today. Here's hoping that's a good sign. Not a fan of the fact that it didn't go ahead and install things like Minimal & Elegant watchface when I repaired it. Downloading apps now. I still wish I knew whether that meant it's using my phone's data to download the apps, or if it's just taking them from the phone, because the only ones I told it to download this morning were apps that are already on the phone...

Badelhas

Reaction score
Ok, my watch was showing the music I listened to on the way to work today. Here's hoping that's a good sign. Not a fan of the fact that it didn't go ahead and install things like Minimal & Elegant watchface when I repaired it. Downloading apps now. I still wish I knew whether that meant it's using my phone's data to download the apps, or if it's just taking them from the phone, because the only ones I told it to download this morning were apps that are already on the phone...
I dont know if its because I am at this precise moment watching S02E02 of Stranger Things (I´m on vacations) and maybe because we are so close to Halloween couldn't help notice that you just did the #666 post. If that´s a good sign or not for you Android Wear problem, I dont know... :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know. Just not looking forward to setting it up again. Guess it's worth it if it works though. I'll give it one more try, then I'm just gonna live with it until they push a fix. Idiots...