Android udate

Gill_110

Reaction score
Can someone please help.
I have an HTC Hero and loaded a 3 UK Rom Android 1.5, from the web forums. I'm not sure if I used "update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-signed.zip" or update-hero-generic
-2.73.771.73-rooted-signed.zip. Does it matter?

I now get the OTA update to android 2.1, but when I try to install, I get the following;
Build : RA-hero-v1.5.2
Finding update package …
Opening update package …
Verifying update package …
E:No signature (660 files)
E:Verification failed
Installation aborted.
What am I doing wrong? I'm really very new to all this.
Thank you.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do not have an HTC Hero but I have moved your post to the correct area in hopes for someone to see it better :)

BTW :welcome: to the Forum

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can someone please help.
I have an HTC Hero and loaded a 3 UK Rom Android 1.5, from the web forums. I'm not sure if I used "update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-signed.zip" or update-hero-generic
-2.73.771.73-rooted-signed.zip. Does it matter?

I now get the OTA update to android 2.1, but when I try to install, I get the following;
Finding update package …
Opening update package …
Installation aborted.
What am I doing wrong? I'm really very new to all this.
Thank you.

Is there a custom recovery for the Hero? Are you wanting to stay rooted or have stock 2.1?

OP
G

Gill_110

Reaction score
I don't quite understand. The Rom I loaded is supposed to be exactly the same as would be if it was originally a 3 handset. I now want to use the OTA update to make it Android 2.1 but I keep getting the same error messae.

OP
G

Gill_110

Reaction score
Can you download a 3UK Rom from the forums and then will the OTA update for Android 2.1 work? How do you get to this stage? My Orange Hero had this 3 Rom put on it but the OTA update still fails with the following message:

Finding update package …
Opening update package …
Installation aborted.

OP
G

Gill_110

Reaction score
I don't think that Amon has been installed. Someone said that it needs to be. In fact, I was advised as follows. Is this right??

- Root the hero (but do I need to do this bit, since I already have a 3 UK Rom from the forums on there).
- Download SDK to pc
- Install Amon custom recovery 1.52
- Make Goldcard from here - http://android.modaco.com/content/software/308798/pc-application-goldcardtool/
- Download RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_1.76.405.1_R3_W..exe. Double click RUU while the phone is plugged in with the GoldCard in it and follow the on screen procedure.
- Install 3 UK Rom 1.5 from forums
- Do the OTA update from 3 Network

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'd say pretend your phone was stock and start over -- Installing Custom ROMs - Villain ROM

Download AmonRA Recovery v1.7.0.1.img – easier if you rename this “recovery.img” when it is on your sdcard

So, maybe it's just because your recovery image is out of date? I'd say pretend your phone was stock and try following the steps outlined in that link and see how successful you are. :) Good luck and let us know!