Android Nougat won’t boot if your phone has malware!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
All kidding aside, does it make sense to say that preventing us from rooting and unlocking bootloaders is just Verizon wanting to "control" us? There HAS to be some legitimate reason or reasons for this that make good economical, legal, moral, responsible sense and it surely isn't customer domination.
Government and business / enterprise customers would be my guess. They want to show that their phones & network are secure enough to keep existing customers in those markets and get new ones.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Government and business / enterprise customers would be my guess. They want to show that their phones & network are secure enough to keep existing customers in those markets and get new ones.

There's another very reasonable possible explanation. And I'm sure there are still plenty of others.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The-Salute.jpg

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
All kidding aside, does it make sense to say that preventing us from rooting and unlocking bootloaders is just Verizon wanting to "control" us? There HAS to be some legitimate reason or reasons for this that make good economical, legal, moral, responsible sense and it surely isn't customer domination.

I truly believe it is because corporations like Verizon do not actually view us as customers to whom they are providing a service. They (board members and executives) view themselves as corporate benefactors who are bestowing their blessings upon the masses who can afford them.

Have you traveled much to other parts of the world? I've been to Europe, Asia, and Africa. Nowhere else in the world that I have traveled and used cellular services has cellular companies who treat their customers (contractually, fiscally, and attitudinally, I mean) the way that the large US carriers do.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No I've never lived abroad so I don't know how the other countries get treated other than what you're telling me. It's great for them but we still have to deal with what we're faced with here.

I just don't see how Verizon benefits from rooting and bootlocker unlock prevention, but I have to believe there has to be real economic, moral, and/or legal reasons why they do this. Big corporations don't spend big money to limit their customers' freedoms with products or services they support if it doesn't benefit them in some significant way. It can't be just for egotistical control.