Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Stable Nougat Update Is Rolling Out Now!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-nougat-3723-011.jpg

The day has finally arrived! Samsung is now rolling out the Official Stable builds of Nougat to S7 and S7 Edge devices. I am currently running the beta build and have not seen the update on my device, but I have seen many others who are reporting that the update is coming through on their device. For now it seems the build is rolling out to beta users outside of the US first. The update is 214MB and brings your device up to Android 7.0. This is still not 7.1.1 however it does feature the January 1st security patch. Head to settings, system updates to see if you can grab the update.

via SamMobile

marcelo618

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei P9
I used S4 of Samsung, I think it is a common andriod phone, it is same with huawei and xiaomi.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I don't get this at all. Did I miss something? Is Sammy now rolling out updates without involving carriers?
Answer, it's only rolling out in Europe right now, where they do not roll by carriers. Could be a long time yet.

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Yea, I don't get this at all. Did I miss something? Is Sammy now rolling out updates without involving carriers?
Answer, it's only rolling out in Europe right now, where they do not roll by carriers. Could be a long time yet.
Oh, that is sad!!

Luke611

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 10+
My Verizon Galaxy 7 is updating as I type this. I'm excited to check out the changes to the new OS.

Sent from my Verizon Ellipsis 10

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
This is the second major update that I've gotten that actually improved things.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
S7 edge? I don't receive any updates since last Dec? I don't remember.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Had to go and manually search for the update last night. First thing I noticed is that I now have almost 3gb more free space on my internal memory. I use the Verizon info widget that shows battery, storage, and more and now storage is at 66% instead of 54% I was at after cleaning the cache just prior to the update. Not sure what made the big difference, but I'll definitely take it :)
Second thing I noticed is the notification drawer has been changed again. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm actually really hesitant to change (even though I love software updates lol) so it's going to take a little getting used to.
There seems to be very little lag since the update as well. I'm still considering doing a FDR regardless just to start fresh.
I've also noticed that the notification bar is a brighter white than it was previously.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
It's very much like the Note 7, and my battery seems better as well, even with all the playing to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Will check mine, but still no update is available.:oops:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Had a guy come in right after yesterday morning complaining about how Samsung ruined his 4 month old S7 Edge with this software update because his WiFi won't connect now. Yet he won't do a FDR to try and fix it. Oh how I love working in retail.