Endure A 10 Second Verified Boot Screen On The Nexus 5X or 6P If You Root Your Device!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I am reminded of the panic when people forgot to check the oem unlock box in settings.

It has gotten to the point of being beyond obnoxious how many threads are created over on XDA about people doing this exact thing. I couldn't agree more with your post.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I agree that it is Google just covering their backside. On my Droid Maxx DE I flashed the stock boot logo so I don't have to look at the "Warning, your bootloader has ........" screen. I would assume that we could do the same thing to the nexus line.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Rarely do I ever turn off my phone. Very unnoticeable and a potential non issue

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I'm sure this has been answered some where, but does anyone know if unlocking the bootloader would void the new protection plan they offer?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm sure this has been answered some where, but does anyone know if unlocking the bootloader would void the new protection plan they offer?
Rooting or unlocking bootloader doesn't void warranty from what I've read. Someone asked Google support.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Agree with this. I do, however, schedule my phone with Locale to reboot nightly.
Not since my BlackBerry days have I used a program to reboot. Why do you? I've had up time in the weeks before.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not since my BlackBerry days have I used a program to reboot. Why do you? I've had up time in the weeks before.

Maybe because custom roms aren't perfect...I may not need it on my Turbo, but I do it anyway. I mean, its automatic and is essentially invisible to me.

It seems to keep my phone running tip-top (certainly the case with my last two phones), possibly because some apps aren't perfectly coded and benefit. Android itself might be rock solid, but even good apps sometimes have get a bug between updates.