Android Market Restricting Applications to Certain Countries??

Pyroid

Reaction score
Ive gotten my milestone for a day now, living in Argentina, and I can't seem to find applications that everyone can see online.

Pandora? Non existant.

Act1 to buy it full? Gives me "There are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com.hyperaware.videoplayerfull"

What the hell is going on? If they are really restricting my country I'm returning this today.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Pandora may very well be restricted by country due to licensing restrictions of the music, they may not be allowed to make it available in some places.

As for Act1, if you can't get it from the market, you can get it directly from their website (Act 1 Video Player: Download )

techguru

Reaction score
Also, any software created in the United States that has any kind of encryption is export controlled. Doesn't mean it can't be sold, but a lot of developers may not want to go through the trouble of fulfilling all of the requirements for an export license. There may also be limitations on certain 3rd party components of software that limit what countries it can be distributed to due to licensing (more likely on paid apps than free ones, but all depends on the app).

Alan

zasran

Reaction score
Pandora does not work outside US (same for website), licencing issues. It's not an app store problem (I guess it's not there because it would be useless).

ero