Google's TERRIBLE Market Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroid

Reaction score
What are they thinking? Ive been busting my brain trying to figure out why I can't see certain apps and I stumble into this:

Viewing and purchasing your own apps

Priced applications are only available in these countries. If you are not in a buyer-supported country, you will be unable to view priced applications. Beyond general location availability, there are certain conditions under which you will not be able to view priced applications:
  • Device software version: Priced applications are only available on devices running Android Platform Software version 1.1 (RC33 on T-Mobile devices) or higher. Developer phones can be updated by visiting HTC
  • Location: You may only view the version of Market for your country. For example, UK developers may only view the UK version of Android Market from their devices.
  • Copy protection: Copy-protected apps are not viewable on Android Dev Phones. Copy protection is a tool that provides basic protection to application developers and prevents casual user-to-user pirating of applications. The Android Dev Phone is designed to give developers complete flexibility. These phones give developers of handset software full permissions to all aspects of the device, including the ability to install a modified version of the Android Open Source Project. We aren't distributing copy protected applications to these phones in order to minimize unauthorized copying of applications.
Source: Viewing and purchasing your own apps - Android Market Help

Note that the link to the list of countries is BROKEN as well.

What the hell Google? That means because I am in Argentina, and have bought a carrier phone, never rooted it, I still can't PAY for apps? I'm stucked with freebies even when I own a paypal account and can afford apps?

This is a terrible choice for both consumers and devs, I hope they get around it soon.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pyroid - quit trolling. Yes, I said quit trolling. We've seen all your posts (and now whining)...no, not all apps are available in Argentina. It's not just Google being jerks, it's licensing issues. I thought your name and issue sounded familiar, so I looked at your other 6 posts, and they all basically are whining about this. Either accept the fact that other countries are limited to what they can get in the Market and accept it, or exchange your phone for something else so you don't have to worry about having a heart attack or something.

I'm personally tired of hearing about this from you. Move on or move along.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closed

I also have read enough on this subject. I get that it bothers the OP, but i spent time last night closing multiple threads on it. With that this one is :closed_2: also

Status
Not open for further replies.