Android Market Outage?

dadamsx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone else having issues downloading from the Market right now, or is it just me?...or Just the Droid 2?

*update*

Looks like this is a proper outage

Last edited:
OP
dadamsx

dadamsx

Reaction score
force closes when starting downloads...

I wiped the phone clean just to make sure...issue persisted.

now a few apps are starting to successfully download but the issues persist on most apps.

x2jroy

Reaction score
I had the problem too and I believe version 2.12 of Market is causing the issue. I went to Settings --> Applications and "uninstalled updates" for Market. Then I was able to download apps again. The only problem is that this version auto-installs itself so before I was able to download all my updates the 2.12 version of Market was installed again, and I had to repeat the procedure to finish. I assume it's a bug with this version that will be corrected shortly.

OP
dadamsx

dadamsx

Reaction score
no such luck, sorry about the two threads btw

OP
dadamsx

dadamsx

Reaction score
I had the problem too and I believe version 2.12 of Market is causing the issue. I went to Settings --> Applications and "uninstalled updates" for Market. Then I was able to download apps again. The only problem is that this version auto-installs itself so before I was able to download all my updates the 2.12 version of Market was installed again, and I had to repeat the procedure to finish. I assume it's a bug with this version that will be corrected shortly.

apparently different types of these issues have been around for a good while.

...only made worse by 2.12

......this phone is useless without apps, ....paid 200$ for a brick!? and am not even rooted!?

The old ?Can?t download? issue. Is there an official answer? - Android Market Help