Android Market not working

Anthony 23

Reaction score
App downloads

This is new now. When I try to update a app or download a new one, all it does is show the blinking arror on my toll bar uptop on my phone.when check the status,it shows a solid gray line and just says cancel download. Two or three at time it does this too. This never has occured before. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It'll be back up soon probably. Its funny to see how many "market not working" threads have been created in the last hour lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Yeah, I went to the latests threads and all I saw were market issues lol. We'll know something soon enough.

It just goes to show how dependant we are on our phones that as soon as the market goes down half the forums stop in their tracks and start running around like chickens with their heads cut off (myself included) lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been going nuts, I'm a new Droid user and have been trying to download for an hour. Figured it was my phone. So I guess I will have to actually work?

Its terrible I know lol.

pdc419

Reaction score
Think its back up, google maps just dl'd for me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

samiusmc

Reaction score
Same problem here. I wanted to get the Maps update but I can't download anything.

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
I don't know if this happened to anyone else but now I have no market at all. vending.apk itself is gone from my phone and I haven't touched it.

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Market won't download apps

I've been playing with some customs ROMs and whatnot lately, but I haven't done anything that would mess up my market... so I thought? I booted using my nandroid backup (which I made just yesterday) but for some reason when I choose an app in the market, it will say "Item will be downloaded" and act like it's going to download and never do it.

Does anyone have a fix to this? Android without the app store would sortof suck. I guess if worst comes to worst I can use the .apk of titanium backup that I have to save my apps and then do a factory reset, although I'd like to avoid that.

tk-093

Reaction score
I have three devices, my Fascinate and a coworkers Droid and Droid 2, none of them are able to download apps at this time. All are stock devices.

cdroidx33dig

Reaction score
Help! Can't download from market

Whenever I try to download something from the market it gets hung up on starting download then it says download paused and never does anything else it just started doing this today.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jokerz

Reaction score
Yea I'm having the same problem. Must be something going on with the market right now. I'm sure it will be fixed soon...hopefully.

Jokerz

Reaction score
Man there is like 5 threads about this issue already on the active topics section. People are panicking. I'm sure its just a minor issue with the market that will be fixed shortly.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Market issues.

It seems like I read a thread recently and couldn't find it with the market not updating new apps or downloading new ones?

Been happening to me all day. I even did a restore from 9 days ago when all was good and it is still doing same thing. That seems like it almost is a verizon issue and not my phone?