I absolutely HATE the Android Market

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Maybe your not in a 3G area? The more I read your responses to advice, the more I'm thinking this is a ESU issue.

That is what I was thinking that is why I asked how they are flashing a ROM. If they are using Rom Manager (which a lot of Cyanogen users do) there could definitely be a bad download.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ROM issue is my belief. Market works fine for millions of other users.

not necessarily the rom itself but could be a bad install... corrupt file... etc.

Market does need polishing but its not anywhere near as dire as OP claims.

*DroidForums app DOES*

I don't know if you missed the part in my original post where I mention that this has been a problem since 2.2 first came out.. I've run stock 2.2, Simply Stunning, and now CyanogenMod.. they all have this problem.
Didn't miss it.... guess I just ignored it. :( My bad

Maybe a signal issue in your area?

I'm out of ideas.

UNC

Reaction score
What is happening is that you are trying to install an update to a system app, I have it happen with custom roms a lot. Download root explorer or use adp to remove all apps you can download from the /system/app folder, then reboot and install all those apps thru the market.

Things like youtube, twitter, kickback, etc....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

illmatic636

Reaction score
Maybe your not in a 3G area? The more I read your responses to advice, the more I'm thinking this is a ESU issue.

That is what I was thinking that is why I asked how they are flashing a ROM. If they are using Rom Manager (which a lot of Cyanogen users do) there could definitely be a bad download.

With your previous Rom Installations are you restoring data all the time to restore your apps? In some cases if you are restoring data with Titanium, or through Rom Manager itself, it cause these wacky issues.
I suggest you start fresh and wipe everything, boot, data, cache, sd-ext and flash what you want to rock.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
At this point we really need the OP to pop back in here and let us know what the status is. We can guess all day as to what is causing the issues or how to fix them but with out input from the OP letting us know what is working and what is not we are simply spinning our wheels.

snoop5

Reaction score
I dont know if this helps on the droid 1 or 2 but on my x i deleted set cpu and put overclock widget on and the market opens great and i dont have as many FCs, maybe you can try and see if it helps you out also. dancedroid

illmatic636

Reaction score
My suggestion is closing this puppy. The OP has had 3 different custom Roms that have given him market issues. Like I said before, ESU issue.
Equipment superior to user.

Peace to all! I'm out

OP
B

banderbe

Reaction score
My suggestion is closing this puppy. The OP has had 3 different custom Roms that have given him market issues. Like I said before, ESU issue.
Equipment superior to user.

Peace to all! I'm out

LOL. Lots of people are reporting these issues. Google "android market download finish" or "android market download install" you will find numerous people complaining about the same things.

That said, after clearing the cache yesterday and rebooting and waiting for a good hour or so the market app finally figured out that all my apps were installed so the problem appears to be fixed in that regard.

However I am certain that within a day or two I will get a download that doesn't finish or won't install.

Canceling the download force closes the market app. Again this is stuff that's being reported all over the place.

Btw, "ESU" doesn't even make sense. Is the equipment my phone or my ROM or the market app? Superior to me in what way? And you know this how exactly? Let's not also forget that the "equipment" was built and coded by other "users".

As a professional software developer for 10 years, your diagnosis sounds pretty silly but thanks for trying.

Last edited: