Market Downloads Not Starting

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problem with the market in the last 2 or 3 days? All pending updates stay stuck at "Starting download" without actually downloading and the same goes for any attempts at new installs. I've tried different ROMs as well, going back to Stock 2.1 rooted after normally using BB and a trial run with BB Froyo (and the initial Froyo leak as well.) The same issue applies regardless of ROM after restoration.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
yea well if ya back up out of market, wait a few secs, at least for me, even tho its saying "Installing.." its been installed...

OP
B
Reaction score
yea well if ya back up out of market, wait a few secs, at least for me, even tho its saying "Installing.." its been installed...

Nope. It also doesn't even hit the notification bar. It really isn't progressing with the download.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ye mine either, but then I deleted some apps, I noticed the free space warning was on, then I went to try re downloading them and they were already there.

OP
B
Reaction score
Ye mine either, but then I deleted some apps, I noticed the free space warning was on, then I went to try re downloading them and they were already there.

That's not it either. Plenty of free space at 75 MB and no warning. I don't go ape **** with apps.

It's definitely something else and apparently it's localized with my Droid if no one else is complaining of the issue.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Im not sure then, are you rooted? Their are a few threads if you search market problems, but most have to with froyo..

pjo1966

Reaction score
I'm on a stock 2.1 Droid and am having the same issue. If I get impatient and select the app again it starts to download.

OP
B
Reaction score
I'm on a stock 2.1 Droid and am having the same issue. If I get impatient and select the app again it starts to download.

I've been trying that. I restored to 2.1 stock rooted and it was the same issue. I can't seem to get the downloads going. I'm in L.A. as well so perhaps it's a local issue?

I Saw OJ

Reaction score
I was having the same problem last night on a stock droid 2.1 Wouldnt download on 3g or wifi even after a hardboot.

Spiderwebb71688

Reaction score
The exact same thing is happening to me and I'm in chicago so its not local I've tried every recovery I've got and nothing seems to work

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For me it just took longer than normal. Finally ended up loading and installing though.

foolydooly

Reaction score
Did you just simply try restarting?

There was time where my 1X/3G EVDO signal just died -completely- (this was two days ago, ish). Reboot fix'd it.

welterbf123

Reaction score
Go to 'settings/applications/manage applications/all/market' and clear data and cache, then try the market again. It should work.

OP
B
Reaction score
Did you just simply try restarting?

There was time where my 1X/3G EVDO signal just died -completely- (this was two days ago, ish). Reboot fix'd it.

Rebooting is basic. Rebooting also comes with installing different ROMs as I have to see if it was ROM issue. Definitely not it.