Market Downloads Not Starting

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by BleedingPurist, Jun 19, 2010.

1. BleedingPurist

BleedingPurist New Member

Is anyone else having problem with the market in the last 2 or 3 days? All pending updates stay stuck at "Starting download" without actually downloading and the same goes for any attempts at new installs. I've tried different ROMs as well, going back to Stock 2.1 rooted after normally using BB and a trial run with BB Froyo (and the initial Froyo leak as well.) The same issue applies regardless of ROM after restoration.
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

yea well if ya back up out of market, wait a few secs, at least for me, even tho its saying "Installing.." its been installed...
  3. BleedingPurist

Nope. It also doesn't even hit the notification bar. It really isn't progressing with the download.
  4. Shadez

Ye mine either, but then I deleted some apps, I noticed the free space warning was on, then I went to try re downloading them and they were already there.
  5. BleedingPurist

That's not it either. Plenty of free space at 75 MB and no warning. I don't go ape **** with apps.

It's definitely something else and apparently it's localized with my Droid if no one else is complaining of the issue.
  6. Shadez

Im not sure then, are you rooted? Their are a few threads if you search market problems, but most have to with froyo..
  7. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

I'm on a stock 2.1 Droid and am having the same issue. If I get impatient and select the app again it starts to download.
  8. BleedingPurist

I've been trying that. I restored to 2.1 stock rooted and it was the same issue. I can't seem to get the downloads going. I'm in L.A. as well so perhaps it's a local issue?
  9. I Saw OJ

I Saw OJ New Member

I was having the same problem last night on a stock droid 2.1 Wouldnt download on 3g or wifi even after a hardboot.
  10. Spiderwebb71688

Spiderwebb71688 New Member

The exact same thing is happening to me and I'm in chicago so its not local I've tried every recovery I've got and nothing seems to work
  11. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

For me it just took longer than normal. Finally ended up loading and installing though.
  12. foolydooly

foolydooly New Member

Did you just simply try restarting?

There was time where my 1X/3G EVDO signal just died -completely- (this was two days ago, ish). Reboot fix'd it.
  13. welterbf123

welterbf123 New Member

Go to 'settings/applications/manage applications/all/market' and clear data and cache, then try the market again. It should work.
  14. BleedingPurist

Thanks, but still no luck. Continues to just hold at "Starting Download"
  15. BleedingPurist

Rebooting is basic. Rebooting also comes with installing different ROMs as I have to see if it was ROM issue. Definitely not it.
  16. Spiderwebb71688

Spiderwebb71688 New Member

BleedingPurist, I know i sent you this in a private message but i figure i may as well put it up for the public to see to, let me know if this works for you.

If you go into the market and go to the ROM manager app you can go to the dev's website. From there you can directly download the latest version of "ROM manager" then you can download new roms. Flash The ClockworkMod Recovery then download a new rom through the app and dont do a backup of your current one, But do a data and cache wipe. I downloaded Simply Stunning v4.1 froyo from the ChevyNo1 category and its working great and my market actually downloads again, though this particular rom is a huge switch from bugless and may take a little adjusting to. The first thing you want to do after you get the rom up and running is download the free app "launcher pro" because the helix launcher that comes stock on it is garbage and force closes like crazy. Hope you find this helpful.