Android lock pattern

onelegchair

Reaction score
I REALLY hate the lock pattern on android. Is there any way I can change it to a numeric lock?

NickWgnr

Reaction score
On the factory presets, no. There are a few lock apps out there however, but I havent used any of them.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

whiddles

Reaction score
pattern stinks cause you can just change it if you get the pattern wrong three times

Berzerker

Reaction score
I personally love the lock pattern idea, but I believe the app "Lock 2.0" can give you a numeric screen lock similar to how the iPhone works. $1.99 though.

pattern stinks cause you can just change it if you get the pattern wrong three times
In order to do that you need to know the Gmail account AND password. It's not that insecure.

whiddles

Reaction score
okay have not made it that far. someone told me they tried it on my phone and it just asked them for a new pattern

Berzerker

Reaction score
okay have not made it that far. someone told me they tried it on my phone and it just asked them for a new pattern
You could just try it. The limit is 10. Once you get the pattern wrong 10 times, it locks you out for 30 seconds and gives you a "Forgot pattern?" link in which upon successful login of the gmail account, you can create a new pattern.

bigthinker

Reaction score
I personally like the unlocking device on the phone....as long of course the pattern is pretty easily drawn or swiped....Try a different pattern, it may seem easier another way.

LastLaugh

Reaction score
If this is the pattern, and you are right handed...

+ + +
+ + +
+ + +

then swipe like this

_ _ _
+ + _
+ + +

and choose the option for it not to follow your path. It makes unlocking very easy.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I love the lock pattern, so much more secure (well potentially) than a 4 digit pin.

hooknife

Reaction score
I think the lock pattern blows. Its really easy to figure out what the unlock code is just by looking at the finger print smug on the screen, its a dead give away. Try this, clean your screen free of finger prints and then unlock your phone and see that you have giving your pattern to anyone who has a half a brain.

Redls1bird

Reaction score
I think the lock pattern blows. Its really easy to figure out what the unlock code is just by looking at the finger print smug on the screen, its a dead give away. Try this, clean your screen free of finger prints and then unlock your phone and see that you have giving your pattern to anyone who has a half a brain.

Generally on a touch screen phone, after unlocking it, it would be customary to follow up your pattern with multiple touches/swipes, since thats how you access the info that you unlocked it to get in the first place. Chances are, your pattern is history.

Also, a numeric code entered on a touch screen phone would result in a similar "dead give away".

OP
onelegchair

onelegchair

Reaction score
wow. I never said that it was to hard or something to use the pattern. I just find it stupid and would much rather have a normal lock.