Pattern Lock HELP!

KenDawg90

Reaction score
My son got my Droid X and entered a new pattern lock. Of course, he now can't remember what pattern he entered. Is there any way to clear it?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
If you keep inputing it incorrectly it might ask for your gmail account info.

OP
K

KenDawg90

Reaction score
Actually, it says "Too many incorrect attempts! Try again in 28 seconds".

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know if this works anymore, but there used to be a way where you had someone call the phone and that let you in. IRRC!! you had to answer the phone and then without hanging up, you navigated to home screen and the changed or removed the pattern lock??? I never had to do it, so maybe I don't recall correctly. And they may have closed the backdoor method by now too. Good luck.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh, I just noticed you have an X. I have no idea if any of the stuff I just posted will work on an X. It used to work with the original Droid, but that was a while ago.

Again, good luck.

OP
K

KenDawg90

Reaction score
I was able to get into the phone before the screen lock kicked in. So I went to settings and disabled the 'Use visible pattern' option. So that should prevent it from locking the phone. However, it doesn't help me in clearing the pattern that is currently set. I used Backup Assistant to sync it to MyVerizon, so I'm thinking at this point my only option is to reset the phone back to the factory defaults and then restore my information. But I was hoping there might be another solution.