So who all uses pattern lock instead of slide to unlock?

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Hey all,

I prefer the pattern lock as it is more secure. Somebody can't pick up my phone and make calls or look through my messages and such. Not that I am in the habit of letting my phone lay around but just in case I do leave it sitting somewhere it gives me a little additional piece of mind.

Only issue is the apps that allow you to out information on the lock screen like who to contact if the phone is found do not work with the pattern lock screen. Anybody find an app that does work with the pattern lock screen?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I would suggest Executive Assistant - it has tabs and you can allow what you would like to see on your lock screen as well as using a slide to unlock or a numeric passcode. You can also add widgets to the lockscreen with certain controls. The dev has worked really hard to make it secure so that you cannot bypass the lock by pressing the home or back buttons. He is also very responsive to feedback / questions.

OP
SCUBA-GUY

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Thanks, giving it a try.

EDIT: OK, so I gave it a try and this is exactly what I was looking for. I purchased ICE and placed it on the "Lock" screen and now I have something I have wanted all along. People can access my emergency information but my phone is still locked. Perfect.

Exactly why I love this board, finding out about all kinds of things I would not have known about otherwise.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I recall an app called Contact Owner that was specifically designed to do this.

So who all uses pattern lock instead of slide to unlock?
I prefer the PIN (password is also an option) lock in Froyo.

LatinaC09

Reaction score
i don't use it yet but I was strongly considering using it because I wouldn't mind as much if I happened to leave my phone somewhere. It's just that I would be the only one to be able to unlock it so if something ever happened and someone needed to use my phone in a life and death situation, they would pretty much be screwed.

OP
SCUBA-GUY

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
i don't use it yet but I was strongly considering using it because I wouldn't mind as much if I happened to leave my phone somewhere. It's just that I would be the only one to be able to unlock it so if something ever happened and someone needed to use my phone in a life and death situation, they would pretty much be screwed.

It does give the option to make an emergency call on the pattern lock screen.

malsbury

Reaction score

I use an emergency contact app [ ICE: In Case of Emergency - Android app on AppBrain ] that allows you to also put some text at the bottom of the page for return/contact information. I have it set on a 10 second delay, if I, or someone else, does not unlock the phone it presents them with a splash page where they can access my medical and emergency contact information without any other access to my phone. From the app they can call my emergency contacts or direct dial any other number through the normal 'emergency call' feature of the lock screen.

erikfig

Reaction score
I prefer to use the Pin option in Froyo, and in case that someone insert a new sim card to use the phone, Wave secure lock it and show the owner info.

Vortec6

Reaction score
I prefer to use the Pin option in Froyo, and in case that someone insert a new sim card to use the phone, Wave secure lock it and show the owner info.

Sim card?? I didn't know the Droid had that lol