disable the "slide to unlock" on droid x ?

made-in-japan

Reaction score
i already have the pattern unlock set up, but i am trying to figure out how to make the slide to unlock go away so i dont have to unlock my display twice. i want to keep the security lock because i dont want certain people looking through my phone.

can you disable the "slide to unlock" and keep the security pattern lock ?

Last edited:

County Mike

Reaction score
With the 2.1 OS you could but that option went away with 2.2. Frustrates me too. I wanted the pattern lock only as well.

OP
M

made-in-japan

Reaction score
yea if anyone knows of a widget that disables only the slide to unlock, please let me know. thanks

dcook12

Reaction score
Easyanswer skips the slide option and just answer or decline pop up..But that's on my droid, don't have a droid x. Some have complained it lags a little, but I have no problem..

OP
M

made-in-japan

Reaction score
Easyanswer skips the slide option and just answer or decline pop up..But that's on my droid, don't have a droid x. Some have complained it lags a little, but I have no problem..

im not sure if you understand what i mean.

every time i get a text, i have to slide to unlock and then put in the pattern unlock. i wouldnt mind doing both for a phone call, i rarely get those, i receive a text or email every minute on average, and i shut the display off to conserve power, so yeah. the search continues,