Android is killing Blackberry on Verizon

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
i wasnt saying that rims decline wasnt because of android...just that the graph/table in the OP dont explicitly show that. i feel like im arguing over spilled milk here lol ok im done, this is ridiculous. hooray for ANDROID!!! WOOOT!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
I love hearing what you have to say we are all friends here : ) I wasn't being argumentative with you I was lashing out at RIM lol.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not shocked at all other those numbers.
I think that RIM's failure to innovate is and will be their downfall. With all that android can do even the storm 2 seems like a relic compared to the Droid. Although I would like to see some good competition come from RIM I highly doubt it will save them now. Even though they acquired TAT. It might be too late.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bilgediver

Reaction score
This is a large part because for the longest time Verizon didn't have much of a smartphone choice. It was either Windows Mobile or Blackberry OS. Windows Mobile was functional and development was quite open, but the interface was clunky, closed, and not many devices had great hardware. Blackberry was the go-to for business users (remember that comic about how smartphone users see each other and themselves?), but it was also the choice on Verizon for anyone who was interested in a smartphone at all.

The Storm came out to intial hooplah, was Verizon's first attempt at launching a brand new "cool" phone. It turned out to be a complete DUD, due to the software problems.

The Droid came out with a proven OS (the G1, while a little slow showed promise), only the next iteration of it on a lot more powerful hardware and Verizon finally had a "cool" smartphone.

Look at today, Verizon has a number of Android smartphones, Motorola and Samsung with their top-tier devices, and LG with its middle-tier devices, catering to an ever-more diverse crowd looking to get their first smartphone.

Gotta hand it to Motorola and Verizon, though. The Droid launch single handedly gave not only Motorola back its name, but it also propelled Verizon forward with a line of smartphones that cater to the "rest" of the crowd, not just business users.

Big Ry

Reaction score
i wasnt saying that rims decline wasnt because of android...just that the graph/table in the OP dont explicitly show that. i feel like im arguing over spilled milk here lol ok im done, this is ridiculous. hooray for ANDROID!!! WOOOT!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
I love hearing what you have to say we are all friends here : ) I wasn't being argumentative with you I was lashing out at RIM lol.
i think its just that i really want to see a graph that shows android taking over the world lol :)

joker402

Reaction score
Havent sold a single blackberry in 18 days, but ive seen some one with issues on a blackberry 2-3 times a day.

Reaction score
It really is sad, the storm had such high hopes and due to lack of programming it fell short of its expectations. I think that RIM made a good move by buying TAT to redo their home screen and general UI. If RIM can get a handle on their system, maybe provide and open source model?, they can actually have a good chance to survive. I loved my storm, actually miss the click to select, and think if they could have pulled off a better UI it would still be strong. Yes they need the corporate phones but the sales now are for consumers.

rmcray08

Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this topic and share how AppleInsider.com has chosen to interpret the same data:

Pretty entertaining.

Big Ry

Reaction score

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It really is sad, the storm had such high hopes and due to lack of programming it fell short of its expectations.

My last phone was a Voyager and I knew that my next phone would be a smart phone. I initially looked at BB, and saw that the Storm was coming out. When it did, it looked nice, but I wasn't hearing great things about it and thought the Storm 2 would be more my line.

And then I started to hear about the Droid. :)

Bilgediver

Reaction score

Wow, I can't even begin to argue just how flawed and outright incorrect that article is! Lol

Fact of the matter...the influx of android OS devices worldwide on all carriers has NEVER been matched by iOS and possibly any other OS. The growth of Android is unparalleled.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I saw a few more articles, it seems every time they mention Android, they have to mention some flaw, some way iOS is better. Compensating much?

Droidforums.net appified!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wow, I can't even begin to argue just how flawed and outright incorrect that article is! Lol

Fact of the matter...the influx of android OS devices worldwide on all carriers has NEVER been matched by iOS and possibly any other OS. The growth of Android is unparalleled.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I saw a few more articles, it seems every time they mention Android, they have to mention some flaw, some way iOS is better. Compensating much?

Droidforums.net appified!

At the moment I can tell what what they'll be saying when the iPhone comes to Verison.

If sales in general goes up, it's because of the iPhone.

If sales in general doesn't go up, it's in spite of the iPhone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
RIM is appears to be looking more and more like Palm :)

Enterprise use, IMO, is the only thing keeping RIM alive. It can't hold water in the consumer market... certainly not against the iPhone or Android.