An iPhone 7 Explodes and Destroys A Car

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

No one will ever forget the Note 7 fiasco. It will go down in history just like the Firestone tires and Toyota Camry Brakes recalls. This unfortunate event will forever change the consumer's perception of Samsung. I still think Samsung can make a comeback in the smartphone world and continue to be a power house if they can get things right with the S8.

Now it appears Apple may have some investigating of their own to do. An iPhone 7 user has posted some images that he says show his scorched iPhone 7 and the car which it burned down. According to Mat Jones he left his iPhone 7 under a pile of clothes in the car where the phone presumably overheated and caught the clothing on fire in turn burning down the car.

The initial reaction is the same reaction as with the Note 7. "Was the fire caused by a third party charger?" According to Jones the phone wasn't even plugged into a charger. The phone had not been dropped which could cause damage to the battery. He was also sure that the fire was not caused by an outside source such as a cigarette. This is not the first report of an exploding iPhone, but for now this issue doesn't seem to be as wide spread as the Note 7.

via Yahoo News

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Still nothing on the News about it.!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
This is the 2nd or 3rd iPhone 7 that has caught fire yet nobody is talking about it. Perhaps it's time we return the favor and help spread the word the way ifans did?

S5 tap'n

kinfolk248

Reaction score
First problem. NEVER leave electronics in an area where there is inadequate, or zero, ventilation. That's just common sense.
I don't see this as user error. My pocket doesn't have adequate ventilation. Backpacks don't have ventilation. Laptop bags don't have ventilation. If you produce a product that can't take the heat (no pun) then don't make it, it's an unsafe product.

R

RETG

I agree. My Turbo is in an otterbox case, and usually in a faux leather case attached to my belt, with no airflow, And I have carried in the desert at 115 degrees outside and so far it has not caught fire, and I sure hope it never does.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My concern is that manufacturers might be pushing cell battery tech to the limit. Maybe a dangerous limit? Everyone wants to make thinner & thinner phones. Look..."the world's thinnest smartphone!". But they also want to put in a large battery so the phone lasts all day; and can support quick / fast / turbo charging. I certainly hope we haven't reached a dangerous point in cell phone battery technology & manufacturing processes, and hope no one is cutting corners. Hopefully all manufacturers will look at these stories, and what happened to Samsung, and reevaluate their processes and QC testing procedures. The last thing we need is for airlines, or the FAA, to ban all smartphones from planes because they deem these newer phones & batteries unsafe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My concern is that manufacturers might be pushing cell battery tech to the limit. Maybe a dangerous limit? Everyone wants to make thinner & thinner phones. Look..."the world's thinnest smartphone!". But they also want to put in a large battery so the phone lasts all day; and can support quick / fast / turbo charging. I certainly hope we haven't reached a dangerous point in cell phone battery technology & manufacturing processes, and hope no one is cutting corners. Hopefully all manufacturers will look at these stories, and what happened to Samsung, and reevaluate their processes and QC testing procedures. The last thing we need is for airlines, or the FAA, to ban all smartphones from planes because they deem these newer phones & batteries unsafe.

2 words. ; removable battery.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
2 words. ; removable battery.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
True. But then folks would complain because the phone is not water proof, or not a high enough water resistant rating.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
True. But then folks would complain because the phone is not water proof, or not a high enough water resistant rating.

Ok. 2 more words; rubber gasket. My old dumbphones came with plugs for ports. My Bluetooth headphones have plugs on their ports that are hinged.
The next complaint would be glass on the back. Can't help with that one. Folks just gotta pick one and live with the realities.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ok. 2 more words; rubber gasket. My old dumbphones came with plugs for ports. My Bluetooth headphones have plugs on their ports that are hinged.
The next complaint would be glass on the back. Can't help with that one. Folks just gotta pick one and live with the realities.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I agree completely. I would be OK with a removable battery and lower water proof rating. But you know we would hear the complaints.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I agree completely. I would be OK with a removable battery and lower water proof rating. But you know we would hear the complaints.

Doesn't Moto Z have a liquid cooling pipe to aid in heatsink for the device? I never use the 30 watt charger that came with it and my device never gets warm to the touch even in the sun with the battery mod snapped onto the backside. I always use an old OEM Motorola charger that doesn't exceed 5 watts due to my concerns of this type of incident occurring. I had a bad feeling of what happened with Note 7 right before it happened when I was flying back from L.A. in June when trying to charge my now retired Droid Turbo using the UAL USB port wired into my business class seat. After maybe 15 minutes, I disconnected it due to nervousness while the plane was at cruise. The phone got VERY hot to the touch, and it wasn't even a high power draw. Now my suspicion is found due to what had transpired recently.

Solution... removable batteries with liquid piping, rubber gasket for sealing off water & debris, and make the device slightly thicker. Don't like the price or design... don't buy it!

Plain and simple.

My 2 cents. Any comments?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the 2nd or 3rd iPhone 7 that has caught fire yet nobody is talking about it. Perhaps it's time we return the favor and help spread the word the way ifans did?

S5 tap'n
It's all over tech news. Problem is that it happened in Australia not USA so the news are slow at picking up on it.
1f7500ca42acac8b004e389eacb41596.jpg