Amazon Super-Sale for Motorola Droid 3: Only $70 Bucks New-Contract; $130 Renewal

Fuzzball

Reaction score
For a new account or line, that's a great deal. If you're upgrading and have a Costco membership, they're hawking it for $100 on a 2-year renewal.

Why exactly are they selling it off quickly? Is there a reason or just to make money as they tend to do? Wondering if a new phone is coming out very soon or if there is something wrong with the phone.

This doesn't surprise me given the retail price doesn't even break $500. Keeping in mind that this isn't a top-of-the-line phone. Heck, VZW is doing BOGO less than a week after store launch

If the D3 isn't a top of the line phone, what is on VZW exactly then? It's the most powerful device they have right now, and will mirror the Bionic in performance.

All 4G current phones are single core. And I'm sorry, but an inefficient LTE radio that kills your battery when paired with a power hungry dual core is going to be the death of the Bionic. Not to mention the near tablet size.

I suppose it's a bit subjective. Motorola stated that Webtop would be on all "high performance"/"high-end" phones starting in Q3 of 2011. The Droid 3 obviously doesn't have that feature and I'd say is priced accordingly. I really couldn't say what is the best Android phone on VZW is; to me some phones are behind and others tried to get ahead of the pack, but missed the mark. That's just my sole opinion though.

Based on what I currently know now, the Bionic is where Motorola is putting their big push. Part of the selling point of multi-core CPUs is it using less power; if Motorola can get the software right, that OMAP4 proc shouldn't eat up power. They have an opportunity as well to get a better LTE radio chipset in as well and outshine the LTE phones that are on the market. If people would go for the slate/borderline tablet size, they may have a winner.