amazon.com and unlimited

grrouchie

Reaction score
I upgraded my phone through amazon.One of their options was to keep existing data plan.I chose that.My new month just began and my account still shows unlimited data with my contract expiring in 2015.Just FYI

SallyC

Reaction score
Interesting. I tried to do that through Verizon and the guy said the system wouldn't let him do it. So I bought my phone off eBay instead.

Have to give you credit for giving that a try. Personally I'd be too worried they'd drop me down to a basic plan after it was too late.

Fonzz

Reaction score
Not bad! Hope others report the same.

For sure, and OP, please report back here in another month or so, once you're absolutely sure you've kept your unlimited...

OP
G

grrouchie

Reaction score
My whole thing was I was going to ***** and throw a fit because everything on amazon said I could keep my old plan.
even at check out it said I was keeping my existing unlimited data (for upgrades only).

So I was hoping to get lucky.

I'll keep track of it over the next couple of months and keep reporting back

Interesting. I tried to do that through Verizon and the guy said the system wouldn't let him do it. So I bought my phone off eBay instead.

Have to give you credit for giving that a try. Personally I'd be too worried they'd drop me down to a basic plan after it was too late.

loki993

Reaction score
Definitely curious about this as well...especially with black Friday coming up.....

Fonzz

Reaction score
For sure, and OP, please report back here in another month or so, once you're absolutely sure you've kept your unlimited...

I'll keep track of it over the next couple of months and keep reporting back

How about an update OP?

Well I'm just going to assume that the OP lost out / got screwed on the almighty unlimited plan now that it's been so long w/out confirmation, oh well...

I'm still unlimited myself even though I have not been near my record levels of usage of the past...

bbtkd

Reaction score
Well I'm just going to assume that the OP lost out / got screwed on the almighty unlimited plan now that it's been so long w/out confirmation, oh well...

I'm still unlimited myself even though I have not been near my record levels of usage of the past...

I was talking to someone the other day who had upgraded one of the phones on their Verizon account back in December at Walmart. They assumed they would lose their unlimited but after upgrading, the clerk noted it was still unlimited, and it still is. Suppose it could be a glitch, or maybe they are allowing it in some areas or for best customers.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There was a short-lived error in Verizon's system where people were able to upgrade and not lose unlimited, back in December I believe.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

bbtkd

Reaction score
It was in October... I took advantage :)

When I saw that on Engadget I tipped off two buddies who were up for new phones but hesitant due to the loss of unlimited. One jumped right on it and got it, the other was leery about it and when he finally went to do it an hour later, the loophole was fixed.