keeping unlimited plan

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by 706woodman, Aug 16, 2012.

1. 706woodman

706woodman Member

unlimited

Well I purchase a mifi and they refused to give me a similar card, they said it is not compatible with my plan.yeah no kidding I said I know you guys don't want me to have unlimited 4g service that's why its not compatible. I guess tomorrow I will have to give up myplan if I want 4g.unless you guys can show me how to convince them that I should be able to keep my plan .any ideas I will listen to em.please. pm me if you can help me thanks
  2. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

The common theme that i'm seeing in this thread is: buy a third party phone and no problem going from 3G to 4G and keeping unlimited data. But try to upgrade a 3G mifi device and you will NOT be able to keep unlimited data.
  3. 706woodman

706woodman Member

You are correct sir that is my trouble.I have a choice to keep my unlimited service but I have to stay with 3g.my 3g service sucks! I used a friends mifi jet pack and the speed was grate where as my 3 g is awful.I start wondering if because I had an altell plan do I get poor service?
  4. drew96dawg

drew96dawg New Member

No you don't get bad service because of your alltel plan it's just that 3 g is ten times slower than 4 g

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  5. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Yes you can, 3G and 4G LTE does not make a difference, it's all a data plan to the carriers.
  6. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Read this Real slow, you can go "Buy, receive as a gift, get as a hand down, buy on eBay Craigslist or from any friend a 4G LTE device" and add it to your existing plan, your plan will NOT change, did I make it CLEAR enough for you. If you decide to purchase the device at a SUBSIDIZED price from Verizon, Radio Shack Amazon Best Buy, or any authorized Verizon retailer, you will lose your unlimited data plan, and be pushed into their new plans, reason for buying a reduced "less than full cost" of said device.

Lets say tomorrow you get a nice deal on a 4G LTE phone, all you have to do is walk into a Verizon corporate store, hand your device to one of their employees and ask them to install a 4G LTE SIM into your device, they will deactivate your old device and activate your new device on your existing plan, nothing will change, since YOU bought the phone outright "they don't care where you bought it from" your plan will NOT change.
    At this moment I own an HTC Rezound and Samsung S3, I use both phones, all I do is swap my SIM card from one device to the other when I want to switch, very simple.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  7. karylr

karylr New Member

I was very pleased when I called Verizon yesterday... My husband has had a company phone for years and is wanting to get rid of the company phone and add an iPhone (boo, hiss) to our existing family plan. I thought Verizon would try to switch us all to the shared plan, or that we would have to put his phone on a separate 'shared' plan - but the rep told me we could add a new phone, even a subsidized iphone, to our existing plan for whatever the 'old' family plan price was - $10 per month for the phone, plus $30 for 2 GB of data?

Hadn't seen any discussion of this on the boards, thought someone might find it interesting...
  8. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

This has been pretty well covered at least on other forums. Glad it worked out for you.
  9. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

You are missing the point that they are using a MiFi. There is nor has there ever been such a thing as an unlimited 4G MiFi/Jetpack/etc plan so upgrading at a discount or not has no impact on the ability to keep unlimited in this case.
  10. 706woodman

706woodman Member

unlimited

Thank you!!!!
  11. 706woodman

706woodman Member

I know this is old thread but i have to tell you guys what happened after all this took place.ok so i had to change my plan just for the mifi, and that was cool cuz i still have unlimited plan for two phones.ok so last week i got a RAZR from my mom,so i go to Verizon to get my new sim card and to the guy when i walked in what i needed,ok he said and walks over to i guess is like a manager to ask about the 4 g sim card's, he ask if i had the phone with me i said no i just need to pick up a sim car, he said well we have to have the phone to check and see if full price was paid for it if not you cant keep an unlimited plan.ha i said is that so (knowing he was wrong) i said ok thanks anyway went home called Verizon's customer support number and had the phone activated without a new sim card. I guess that's some of their lil tricks for the unlimited customers,oh the old phone was 3g dx .
Search tags for this page
can a verizon authorized retailer keep my unlimited plan
can i keep my unlimited data with mifi jetpack

can i keep my verizon unlimited data and activate a htc droid 3

how cani update to mifi with alltel and keep my unlimited da
how long does it take for a phone to be blacklisted

if i buy a new 4g mifi from verizon can i keep my unlimited

if i buy a phone outright, can i keep my unlimited data?
if i buy a samsung s4 can i keep my current 3g plan
unlimited verizon 3g mifi to 4g
upgrading mifi to keep unlimited data
verizon esn change keep unlimited data
why is my galaxy 3 not compatible with my unlimited verizon