All text messages deleted AGAIN

TMurphy99

Reaction score
This has happened to me twice now and it's happened to my friend twice also. We've both unchecked the delete button under the settings and have set our limit to 2000 messages per thread but it still deleted our entire inboxes even though be hadn't reached our limit. This is so incredibly irritating! Called Verizon and they had no answer for me, other than to do a phone restart! Ugh! Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

Justbags

Reaction score
Mine did that for the 2nd time last night! So annoying! Most annoying part is when it happens, all my texts get messed up too... Like if someone messages me It says it is from a different person. Every fricken time! Once I restarted the phone it fixed the names, but all my texts were still gone! Im def getting SMS backup! I had a TON of texts!

beneharris

Reaction score
i noticed this was happening to me when my handcent force closed. so i fc it, then i don't open it bakc up (which is when they usually all deleted) i just restart the phone instead, and it hasn't happened again.

it was getting to the point where this would happen to me daily. it was SUPER frustrating.

Moonraker

Reaction score
It happened to me before with the stock messaging program. But I noticed that since I started using Handcent SMS it hasnt. Im sure it will be fixed and its no big deal for a phone that hasnt been out more than a few months cause im sure it wil get fixed real soon but thats just my opinion. Even when It did happen, it only happened TWICE in a 3 month period and I text ALOT (and I do use Task Killers alot too) so I mean.. maybe its something else affecting it as well?

Use Handcent SMS unti it gets fixed. Its got alot of good features and you can even customize it to look EXACTLY like the stock program or whatever else

beneharris

Reaction score
ya, but it was happening to me in handcent. it wasn't handcent causing hte problem, but it would erase them all from both programs.

just try restarting hte phone before opening it again, i haven't had a deleted message since i tried that. going on a week!

Moonraker

Reaction score
Hmmm. Just a bug then.. which sucks but it happens. There is no device that can avoid this, the best bet until someone comes up with something is to just bug Verizon (and have everyone do it) so it gets looked into and fixed on an update.. Im hoping that Handcent SMS also is looking into it so they can do a market update one day and hopefully help all you guys

Nickmast

Reaction score
All my messages got deleted last week and I was using Handcent. Very irritating!

Needler56

Reaction score
i thought it was just one of those things where the phone doesn't recognize any media on your card, but magically appears minutes later. not the case here! +1

MissCaroline

Reaction score
I am very new to all of this, and don't know much about my droid, but I've had a great deal of trouble with losing my texts in the short period of time that I've had my phone. I get a box that pops up that states that there is trouble with the messaging, and I have to force close? This has happened probably 6 or 7 times just this week. I often restart the phone, but it does little to help. Any other ideas?

superglen99

Reaction score
My problem is not all texts getting deleted but random ones in a thread. Anybody else seeing this and find a solution? I use handcent and have a task killer but nwver use it and its happened a few times at random points in the thread on random days. Anybody??