Strange issue with texting again...

koralyne

Reaction score
Okay so i thought i fixed this issue last time, but apparently not. its happening again...

So my phone doesnt listen to me. randomly it will switch to altlock and stuff.

for example, i was trying to put an equals sign in a text message. After i did that, i had to hit alt again, twice, to unlock it, then i can type with normal characters.

After i send the message, it locks into altlock again. But whats weird, this entire time, the cursor that shows if your in alt or shift, is reversed, making it even harder to text. It shows altlock when its not locked, and it shows alt when its not, and stuff. What makes this all really dificult to deal with, is that if you are in altlock, and hit backspace, it deletes THE ENTIRE MESSAGE.

i dont know what to do anymore >__<

EDIT: this happens in both handcent and regular text app

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
sounds like a possible problem with the keyboard. which are you using?

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard.

Im not sure its a physical problem with the keyboard, because sometimes it doesnt have the error.

I fc handcent, and its still there, then i give it some time, and i go back and its fine.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard.

Im not sure its a physical problem with the keyboard, because sometimes it doesnt have the error.

I fc handcent, and its still there, then i give it some time, and i go back and its fine.
hmm weird. i dont know what to tell you. sorry

rkeller62

Reaction score
Are you running stock or have you loaded a custom ROM? If custom, maybe that is causing your problem.