All text messages deleted AGAIN

jrl9851

Reaction score
I'm using the regular messaging app, and for the second time in 2 weeks, ALL my text messages have been deleted. Is this a verizon thing? If so, I seriously might go back to AT&T because this is just becoming extremely irritating.

Murz

Reaction score
I've actually had to go in and delete old text messages because it was getting too cluttered. Had my Droid for over a month and havent noticed any messages getting "automatically" deleted.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No its not a "Verizon" thing. Are you using Handcent SMS?

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
No its not a "Verizon" thing. Are you using Handcent SMS?

As said in my OP, I'm using the stock messaging app.

I just did a search and a lot of poeple are having this issue. So it's a droid problem?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Possibly. Its never happened to me though, and I am a regular texter.

Are you using a task killer? Ever wonder if ending that messaging app is corrupting the messages, causing them to be deleted?

Its not too far a stretch by any means.

I don't end my messaging app, ever.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hit your menu button and go to settings.

Then under Text Message Limit, set it to what you like. Mine is set for 1000.

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
I have had the same problem I had auto delete turned off and it did it to me twice. One time it even deleted a message that I had locked and wanted to save :/ I turned my auto delete back on to see if that would help

rda990

Reaction score
What "adrynalyne" but I doubt you do because you are saying all of them right?? Still could be that...if not its just the firmware because Ive had that happen to me too :(

mjs31

Reaction score
Sure sounds like text message limit settings. Do you have the auto delete checked and if so, what is your limit set to?

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score

Just checked, and it's not checked, so that's not the problem.

mjs31

Reaction score
What "adrynalyne" but I doubt you do because you are saying all of them right?? Still could be that...if not its just the firmware because Ive had that happen to me too :(
Yeah...I just read this after I posted. This is true...it should only delete the earlier ones in this case.

rda990

Reaction score

Just checked, and it's not checked, so that's not the problem.

Then its the software/firmware...it's happened to me too...I would just wait until 2.1 (Couple more days) until i would switch/get a different phone if it pisses you off.

Yeah...I just read this after I posted. This is true...it should only delete the earlier ones in this case.

Yup

jappareti

Reaction score
This just happened to me for the first time today. Very bizarre. I thought that the messeages were just not loading or something, but they're definitely all gone.

I would suggest that everyone get SMS backup, which backups all of your texts to your google account.

MyBackup is great too. This is my second droid and reinstalling all of the apps can be a hassle, but with MyBackup you just restore everything from your SD card.